Drum Corps World Cup Uniforms

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shouldn't the only country to wear aussies be Austrailia (and maybe New Zealand if they chose)

New Zealanders are Kiwi's .... not Aussies :)

Yeah right, and they'll march on wooden shoes. Oh and there should be winding tulips on the pants <**> Really not funny ^0^

Nice Job on the Uni's. Think the German bird is a little big, but hey, nice job over all.

For the record, I would NEVER put tulips on anyone's uniforms. That would be distasteful and offensive.

Here a little Germany action. Comments and critique are welcome.

germany.jpg

Kinda evil, but I like it anyway.

baritone.gif

:)

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Also, here's Japan. I liked the idea of keeping these dark and clean... almost Ninja-like. :worthy:

Will someone double-check the characters on the drop sash for me? I don't know if I got them in the correct order.

japan.jpg

Yeah the characters are right. Too bad they're practically invisible.

I like the idea of a minimalist uni for Japan, but somehow I think this is a bit too much (or too little, as is were). I think you need something to break it up, particularly for an all-black uni. Maybe move the rising sun over to the other side, turn the pointy white line into a pointy white sash, give them white gloves, and go for an inverted 1993 Star of Indiana look. B)

A couple of nitpicky points: Indigo is more evocative of "traditional" Japan than black. Note the color of Japan's national soccer team uni and World Baseball Classic uni. That said, all-indigo seems like it would look nasty.

Also, the combination of a cummerbund/drop sash with an Aussie seems wrong. Maybe that's just me.

Wait, I take back what I said about an all-indigo uniform. The uniform on Battlestar Galactica is pretty cool. In fact, an adaptation (i.e., rip-off) of that uni, particularly the top, would be perfect for Japan.

Kinda evil, but I like it anyway.

That's the one thing that concerns me about Germany's uniform. All all the countries that would have an evil-looking uniform, Germany should be the last one. Maybe some liederhosen and one of those little hats with a single feather sticking out? :P

Yes, and so are they.

HollandBand1.jpg

I got to see them in the Disney parade.

Our marching band talked to them, and we found out that most of them wear 4+ socks for those shoes.