Drum Corps World Cup Uniforms

Keith, you've done some splendid, imaginative work here.

Is the program limited to that high-waisted, a-frame-shoulder look? Because I personally would like to see a little more varity (in the real world of drum corps too.) Bust out an old-school Phantom-style Nehru jacket and solid-color tartan for England, or put the Scots in kilts.

But please, no horns for Norway or Sweden, OK?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! On second look, I agree... I've updated the German uniforms with a slightly reduced eagle.

Also, here's Japan. I liked the idea of keeping these dark and clean... almost Ninja-like. :worthy:

Will someone double-check the characters on the drop sash for me? I don't know if I got them in the correct order.

japan.jpg

:huh:

I think it's a bit too dark for Japan's image. Ninja's are cool and all, but the culture of today's Japan is so lite and cute, people might be afraid if they saw these folks marching down a street one day. I would think that something more with a cherry blossom image would be ideal.

or this

11474289821.jpeg

I like your's though :)

Edited by bari_benzo

Why do readers of Drum Corps World need uniforms? And is it necessary to wear a cup to read the paper?

That's the one thing that concerns me about Germany's uniform. All all the countries that would have an evil-looking uniform, Germany should be the last one. Maybe some liederhosen and one of those little hats with a single feather sticking out? :P

NOW THAT'S NOT FUNNY !!! :(

If you've ever worn liederhosen, as I did for six years, you'd know that, authentic German liederhosen is hard and gives one a very real NEED for Gold BOND !!!!! :P :P

However, the little hat with a single white feather are still cool ! B)

Edited by ODBC

With all due respect to those who love the Star 92 uni (a great one, by the way), the uniform that most says USA to me is worn by the Troopers. Think of it in an international competition, you'd see it and immediately know it's the US. The Star 92 uni, while cool, could be one of any number of countries...

troopers.jpg

I was thinking of something more like this for Japan...

SumoWrestler.jpg

:P

:worthy:

I think it's a bit too dark for Japan's image. Ninja's are cool and all, but the culture of today's Japan is so lite and cute, people might be afraid if they saw these folks marching down a street one day. I would think that something more with a cherry blossom image would be ideal.

or this

11474289821.jpeg

I like your's though :)

Thanks for posting that, Eddie... it's given me some ideas for a revised Japan concept. Look for that in the coming days.

Thanks for all of the input, folks... I'll be releasing some more in the near future.

Here's an updated Japan design... I still like the ninja one, but this one is probably more appropriate. :)

Thanks for the input!

japan2.jpg