Cavaliers post 2007 show audio on youtube

<**> no root beer rag

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bachanale?? At a Cavaliers camp??? Oh, that's wrong for SOOO many reasons. No problem with them playing the music, as Nikk said, but geez--couldn't they have done Shostakovich? Were those guys in the guard? I didn't have the heart to watch to the end. But a GREAT concept camp for future marchers. Plans for a D2 or Cavaliers feeder corps?

Agree with most everyone else--sounds good. June good. Not August good, but it's not August yet.

See, that's what I was saying a few days ago--they change direction again. Just when everyone else kind of gets the idea of what the standard is, the standard bearer goes and does something different. It will be interesting to see what the results are. I expect the visual will be there, and drill will once again be other-worldly--no reason to think those would change.

Like the Lakers used to say, you have to unseat the Champion to BE the Champion, and this should be interesting...

Good luck Cavies!

Oh, yeah--nice to hear high trumpets, but a couple on the low end of the leads need to sprout lungs and other anatomy or get hosed. July and August should probably take care of that since this is before tour even begins. Just sayin'.

BTW, Texas Tech has a good law school I may end up at. Not Harvard Law, also not North Texas music, but decent. Funny comeback, jjeffory!! And yes, I end sentences with prepositions--it's a Texas thing.

Whoever Bobby is referring to, if you're in hs, a word of advice--take it easy on the analysis. Opinion is nice, but it is still just opinion--everyone has one. I'm not a Cavies fan--it's a PR thing--but I still know that they're top 3. Last year, this decade, and all season. They're the lead sled dog. Take history (8 champs??) and trend (1-2-1-1-1-2-1, or some such) into account when rendering analysis and remember that they haven't even taken the competitive field yet. Lecture over.

I'm cool with tech... Actually, I like Bobby Knight too... I'm not a fan of that part of Texas, but hey... Texas is a BIG state... There's something there for everyone...

Maybe Austin.... I digress....

You know, I really don't mind that much anymore when people dog my boys... I guess I expect people to dog Cavies.... People dogged Blue Devils in the '90. People dogged Cadets in the '80s. People dogged Star for no reason... It's all good. All those corps were fine.

Good advice to Bobby, too... It's cool to have passion, but sometimes it's best to gather information and think about how to present your ideas before making one's self look bad. I'm just saying... Peace!

Edited by jjeffeory

I like it. To me it sounds like late 80's early 90's drum corps. Kind of Blue Devilish in parts. Go Cavaliers!

Very nice. Thanks for the melodies!

Not exactly sold yet.....sure it'll grow on me.

I really like this! Thanks Cavies for putting it up for us to enjoy.

That being said, if you like the brass you hear from the Cavies '07

just wait till you hear what the Bluecoats are about to throw at you!!!

So, we both love the Bluecoats... BUT this is a Cavies thread, and I couldn't be happier that they have enough cajones to put beautiful music like this back on the drum corps field.

Thank you, Billy Joel. Thank you, Cavaliers. This is going to be a great season!

First off, BRAVO for showing off the goods so early. Everyone else is hiding, and the Cavies just "PUT IT OUT THERE". That takes guts. Second, WOW! The nonsensical myth about not being able to play popular music is SURELY DEAD. This is what I dream about at night. Music I know, done slightly different and pumped up for the field. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THIS SHOW!!!!

(I will miss Annapolis, 'cause I'm going to Bonnaroo, but I WILL SEE THE CAVIES THIS YEAR. ).

You've hit a home run, Jeff

Good Luck to the Cavies, and all other corps competing this year!!!

I guess I will go against the trend here and say not very impressed with that. Pretty simple stuff and sounds like many of their other shows. If it is that watered in June what will it be in August?

I prefer corps that throw it out there and bite off a whole bunch and work from there.

I am in love with this music. Absolutely in love. :lol:

Especially with the And So It Goes pit breaks. I can't wait to see it played live so I can admire the uniformity in technique as well as the musicality I just heard on the recording.

And the Scenes from an Italian Restaurant final statement - ^OO^