Good to hear. Hows the brassline flag holding up?

It was presented to them the morning after History Night. It's a little faded, but it still flies like it did in the 70s.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was presented to them the morning after History Night. It's a little faded, but it still flies like it did in the 70s.

Awesome....gotta love tradition!

Good to hear. Hows the brassline flag holding up?

I saw the corps rehearse today from 3:30 until their run-through at ~7:45.

I think I would say the brassline is the strength of this corps so far. Their new brass caption head seemed to be running a good fundamental program, so I anticipate this brassline will be pretty colorful by the end. For now they're working through the same bumps in sounds that most corps are dealing with at this point in time. It appeared as if they were still learning some new drill today, and might have little more to learn in the next few days. Nothing unusual, as they still have 2 days or so until their first performance. They've got one screamer that pops a note here and again, and he'll be good once his chops are a bit more in shape.

Not a percussionist. Not a Guard person. Sorry. :( They seemed nice. :)

They have a pretty decent visual show written for them, but they have their work cut out for them to execute. It's a pretty demanding and technique was definitely suffering. I haven't seen the Crossmen in recent years, so I don't know if this is new, but their hornline's carriage position is relatively low on the body as compared to most corps', and I think it's hurting their look right now, as definition isn't very clean at this point. Now, this is nothing a summer of good healthy visual blocks won't fix, but I don't anticipate the feet program competing much in the first few weeks of the season.

With all of that behind me, it seems like the kids are having a genuinely good time, and it is apparent there are some very good things going on in this organization. I think they will place well by the end, and the kids will have had a great summer. I had a good time talking to some of the cooks and other parents who had kids in the activity for the first time. I was also excited to see one of the guys I marched with teaching their pit, and he seems to be doing some good work with them. I was pleasantly surprised to see Mark Chambers running the ensemble block. That man knows how to run a successful organization, and I can't wait to see what he does for the Crossmen. With some stability over the course of a few years, they could become really great.

I'm eager to follow their progress this summer.

Show is very demanding; very, very fast throughout.

there's a video clip of their show from spring training in a Google video search. A lot of movement going on.

Edited by xbones7480

The music is mainly Symphonic Metamorphosis with a jazz twist! I won't go in to detail here because I do not want to give it away. I think all will be pleasantly surprised.

I hope I am pleasantly suprised when I hear the music in a week and 1/2. Honestly I wish people were reporting that the Crossmen's music is Jazz......with a tiny twist of Symphonic......

Just curious.....dont any of these band people know anything besides Symphonic style music ?? Thats a fair question isn't it ??

Still.....as always I will give this (And every other corps shows) a fair shot.......

I hope I am pleasantly suprised when I hear the music in a week and 1/2. Honestly I wish people were reporting that the Crossmen's music is Jazz......with a tiny twist of Symphonic......

Just curious.....dont any of these band people know anything besides Symphonic style music ?? Thats a fair question isn't it ??

Still.....as always I will give this (And every other corps shows) a fair shot.......

The show is quite jazzy. . .don't worry.

the clip i saw on google didnt sound jazzish at all, some of it kinda sounded like reagans 2005 show, but then again the clip was pretty short and jumped to different parts of the show

Edited by jafar