DCP-I 8 Season Discussion!

Imperial is taking today to add some serious facelifting to the program. We went from a top 2 contender to a 12th place finish in Allentown.

Thats simply not acceptable. Not to us and not to our fans. We always have nights like this every few weeks, when the status quo changes as far as captions go. Don't worry, we'll be back! B)

The same goes with Shadow. Dropped from top 3 to 10th in 2 days. We'll be back and hopefully be right back up into the mix on Tuesday when we compete again.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The NMP organization is pleased with the progress so far this season. All divsions are tough and we are happy to be in a position to make a move towards finals spots. Some things need to be reworked in Nastalgia Percussion Ensemble's show, but we are used to that. Plus we've yet to finish the show. The closer should be finished this week.

Well Saturday night capped a great Eastern regional weekend for us, a trifecta. A honor to share the D1 title with a "CLASS" organization like The Knights with Tri-Color right there a few tenths behind. Star of Hawaii pulls out the D2 title in a close one with it FL rival Dragon Regiment. And Cross in D3 sharing title with Explorers and Providence, all experienced corps with great shows.

Great performances from all the Finalists. As we said before a long road still to Finals. Looking forward to shows coming up this week and the Atlanta regional this weekend. SoJ and SoH will be heading south to Atlanta. Cross will be doing a Canadian tour to Toronto.

Theme song for tomorrow's Kosmos rehearsal is the director's favorite: "It's a great day for me to whoop somebody's ###"

FDBattalion and FDCadets will have work to do before they resume their general schedule. As for FDRegiment, I think that has to be the biggest rebound that I've seen. Coming into Reading in like 10th or 12th position (don't remember exactly) then making the Div II finals, then coming out of Reading with the Silver medal! b**bs Personally, I'll take that and run in a heartbeat! :P

Imperial Sound will be ready to announce our plans for next season's show design in about a week.

We will be taking votes!

One show will be Classical, one will be Jazzy, one will be a Sequel, and one will be a Rock show.

Classical, Jazz, Sequel, Rock.

Imperial Sound has traditionally been classical, with modernist tendancies, but I would like for you guys to decide!

I really can't complain about the results from Allentown. We came in PREDICTED in 8th by most of the people here and finished with a respectable 6th in prelims. We did beat RPC (gotach RPC :P), Velour and heavily favorated Musketeers.

Finals prove to be the most interesting. We came up to 5th beating out Mystre' and Imperial Sound. The kids were really getting into last half of Imperial Sounds show (that was after the corps round-off) and Mystre's show.

After retreat they went over to RPC and congratulated them on making finals (rivalry does make each other better). I really need to talk to colourguard. Tossing Jolly Ranches and Hershey Kisses at Mystre' was uncalled. I think they will get an extra hour or two in block (and be assigned dish washing duty for a few days).

I really need to talk to colourguard. Tossing Jolly Ranches and Hershey Kisses at Mystre' was uncalled.

Our drum line wished to add that Jolly Rancher and Hershey Kisses weren't the only things they where tossing and that can't wait to meet up with them at the next show.

Our drum line wished to add that Jolly Rancher and Hershey Kisses weren't the only things they where tossing and that can't wait to meet up with them at the next show.

<_< Maybe three days doing dishes will teach those girls a lesson.

We are making some very bold changes to our visual program that will no doubt expose the hornline quite a bit. We are expecting to take a fierce hit at first but hopefully the changes will pull through for us.