Cadets 2007 - Love it or Hate it?

Cadets 2007  

243 members have voted

1. 1. You've seen it...

• Love it
    • Hate it

The only show-explaining that went on was the self supplied on-field intro. The rest was a form of entertainment. There was nothing to figure out, or decide on a plot. It was just there! Constant speech isn't always communication. In this case its entertainment.

Bands have done it? I don't attend BOA nationals, sorry i wouldn't know. They're not explaining a show. Hop has had enough with that, its crap and doesn't work. They're conveying an idea! This show isn't setting a plot about angels and devils, or alice and wonderland, or have a machine or horse racing theme. Its real life! They're telling you what goes on in their lives! This show isn't a made up concept, its REAL. Like, people actually do exactly what that show is about all summer b**bs Imagine....a show....about a REAL LIFE thing! Its like a documentary, a peek into these kid's lives. Oh yeah, and one kick ### music and visual book to go with it.

No one has ever done this before. If you think it's been done before, you're not getting it.

"The show is hardly breaking any boundaries or setting new standards for performance or excellence" Those are the most physically fit kids in the history of the activity..............and I'd put money on that

Oh a documentary......ENRON:The smartest guys in the Room! = CADETS:One man's deluded show concept!

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What if you "got it," but still thought it was lame? Here's my idea: show me the theme of the show (via music and visuals) ... if you have to hit me over the head and tell me the theme, it's not working. We shouldn't need a friggin' Greek chorus to interpret a drum corps show for us. It's like if you went to a ballet and somebody stopped the action once every few minutes to walk out on stage and explain what's going on. If that's necessary, then it's not working and something needs fixed.

there's no telling. Its narration, like to a story, but in speech. Jack says, "I like music!" instead of "Jack likes music"

Jack is talking to us, not at us, or explaining the story. These are Jacks words.

Well, I disagree. - :ph34r: - That's exactly what it is.

I disagree, based on the FACTS i have about the design of the show.

That is all.

No...just No

The narration is part of the theme. If you cant get past this, then there's not much anyone can say to you. Its not an add-on, not a crutch...its just, there. :ph34r:

spot on, spot on b**bs

at least someone gets it. Though i'm not sure if you count :-P

there's no telling. Its narration, like to a story, but in speech. Jack says, "I like music!" instead of "Jack likes music"

Jack is talking to us, not at us, or explaining the story. These are Jacks words.

Tell Jack to shut up and march.

Oh a documentary......ENRON:The smartest guys in the Room! = CADETS:One man's deluded show concept!

I still like "Confessions of an emo band geek" ... and that's the last time I'll bring it up. :ph34r:

Tell Jack to shut up and march.

oh sorry, I didn't see them marching the hardest drill or playing the most insane music at the same time as their insane drill

spot on, spot on b**bs

at least someone gets it. Though i'm not sure if you count :-P

I think many out there "get it", but don't like it. AHHHHHHRGH....the Cadet Borg are back. Captain Janeway...HELP!

oh sorry, I didn't see them marching the hardest drill or playing the most insane music at the same time as their insane drill

Me neither. I was distracted because they were standing there telling me what the show was about instead of using things like, oh ... music, marching, and guard work to show me what it was about! :ph34r:

AHHHHHHRGH....the Cadet Borg are back.

You noticed that, didja? :rock:

Edited by Orpheus

I really cannot believe I am saying this but, I am EXTREMELY disappointed with this show right now. There is WAY TOO MUCH NARRATION. There is some good stuff going on in the horns and drums, but this narration BS is taking away from it. I felt like I was watching ensemble rehearsal. What the hell is going on?!!! You guys are probably going to get on me for this because of how much I LOVE The Cadets, but this narration bit is not making me want to throw babies. All I can say is Good Luck Cadets. You'll need it.

Of all the reviewers, I respect yours the most, as you marched Cadets. This must sadden a lot of former Cadets to see their once proud Drum and Bugle Corps become a Narrative Musical Ensemble Group that is accompanied in the background with percussion, brass and dancers.

Edited by X DM