Stockton, CA TONIGHT...Who Takes 1st?

Can Santa Clara make up a half a point tonight to take first over the Blue Devils??? What are your thoughts?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can Santa Clara make up a half a point tonight to take first over the Blue Devils??? What are your thoughts?

We'll see....

Yes, I think they can, but we'll have to see if they do. If they somehow magically got their closer on the field today, right at this very minute that I'm typing this, then definitely. If not, I don't know.

I absolutely love both corps, but it would be kind of nice to see SCV edge out BD. It would actually be kind of cool if they came in 1st and 2nd in finals. Blue Devils tend to be just a little cleaner with their performance, where SCV tends to have a more emotional show. It always feels like finals week, that if SCV had one more week to clean, their scores would be neck and neck with BD. I guess the other side of that argument, is they have already had 2 1/2 months to clean.

All I know is I can't wait to see both shows. As for tonight, I think BD will probably have a little bit bigger lead than last night. It seems to me in years past that SCV and BD have started neck and neck, but as the season moves on, BD just gets stronger.

Well, once SCV finishes putting their show on the field, I think SCV might start picking up the pace (since I'm sure their closer will absolutely kick-it!). But I don't think they'll have the show finished by tonight, and can only HOPE they'll have it finished by the time they hit So Cal.

They'll probably just do the show tonight and learn the closer tomorrow since they don't have a show tomorrow night.

They probably already know most of the ending, but it isn't strong enough, or complete enough to put on the field. My bet is that BD will extend their lead once SCV gets their closer on. My reasoning behind this is, SCV's closer will be dirtier than the rest of the show. BD already has the entire show on the field and is beating them, so I am willing to bet that SCV adding something dirtier will not help in the short-run. That isn't to say that SCV won't catch them, but I do think that the end of a show can effect a judges opinion to a large degree.

... just my thoughts, and with that said, GO VANGUARD!