Toldeo, OH Scores

Agreed. Just for fun I looked up their debut score from last year and it was a 69.9 on June 30th. Not that it means a whole lot, but good for them! I hope to see them more solidly in the mix this year for finals.

So they have a full week to go up 0.9

go BONES.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen any of these shows in person (only via the Encore videos, compliments of DCI), so I cannot comment on how the various Corps look and sound. I am thrilled that scores are so close across the board. I am looking forward to my volunteer stint later this summer so I can see for myself how good everyone really is.

I can envision a different corps getting first place each night during Finals week...

HOLY M-F'N SON OF A @#$$%... SLAP ME AROUND AND CALL ME SUSAN...

translation: BLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Good Job to the Yellow Team

Three point increase since the last show.

Very impressed with the sound of Troopers tonight. I wasn't expecting them to be this good based on the score (still scratching my head when scores came out). I had them about even with Crossmen, who had a VERY rough show tonight. First show jitters? The trumpet section was virtually non-existent or sticking out. THe hornline has alot of work to do on balance, blend and CONTRIBUTION. They sound very timid right now.

Cavies and Coats were on FIRE tonight. I was expecting a score closer to 80 from both of them. The fans around me, including myself, almost had it right. We though it would be close between these two, or that Coats had actually knocked off Cavies. This is no reflection on Cavies show, they were great. But Coats .......... EN FUEGO!!! Cavies closer is starting to hurt them. I'm sure it will change soon.

Didn't watch Southwind ... was out buying souvies and whatnot. We ALL expected the Glassmen/Crossmen spread to be much bigger ... at least 3 pts and that's being generous. They really weren't in the same league at this show. All in all, a show well worth the ticket price. Great drumcorps in June, who could ask for more?

Edited by supersop

Very impressed with the sound of Troopers tonight. I wasn't expecting them to be this good based on the score (still scratching my head when scores came out). I had them about even with Crossmen, who had a VERY rough show tonight. First show jitters? The trumpet section was virtually non-existent or sticking out. THe hornline has alot of work to do on balance, blend and CONTRIBUTION. They sound very timid right now.

Cavies and Coats were on FIRE tonight. I was expecting a score closer to 80 from both of them. The fans around me, including myself, almost had it right. We though it would be close between these two, or that Coats had actually knocked off Cavies. This is no reflection on Cavies show, they were great. But Coats .......... EN FUEGO!!! Cavies closer is starting to hurt them. I'm sure it will change soon.

Didn't watch Southwind ... was out buying souvies and whatnot. We ALL expected the Glassmen/Crossmen spread to be much bigger ... at least 3 pts and that's being generous. They really weren't in the same league at this show. All in all, a show well worth the ticket price. Great drumcorps in June, who could ask for more?

"They" being...??? BOTH Crossmen AND Glassmen? Or just Crossmen? Or just Glassmen? ... sorry, maybe I'm just missing the obvious...

"They" being...??? BOTH Crossmen AND Glassmen? Or just Crossmen? Or just Glassmen? ... sorry, maybe I'm just missing the obvious...

Glassmen were a BIG step ahead of Crossmen. I honestly had Crossmen about 2 pts ahead of Troopers and 4-5 pts behind Glassmen.

Crossmen have some HUGE ensemble spreads in this show, which offers a high level of demand. They are moving quite well but they are hauling. This is heavily effecting their playing ability. I mean it was plain as day OBVIOUS they were timid and not focussing on balance, blend, tone quality or even intonation. Low brass was fairly good, but mellos and especially Trumpets were in a world of hurt.

I'll have to see the recap then, for sure. Crossmen must be scoring high in visual then?

Edited by GGarrett

I was at the show tonight, and the 'coats were just unreal. The new unis are great under the light, and with the majority of the guardwork in and the guard unis, the visual package was getting better.

Bluecoats horns and percussion.....WOW!!!! the contras are UNREAL!!!! :rolleyes:

those contras are incredible... just amazing- i've said it before and nobody really agreed/disagreed with me- but if their book doesnt get watered down (and i suspect it wont) by the end of the season- its going to go down as one of the top contra performances in the books- and i know those of you who havent seen the show probably think i'm crazy for making such a proposition- but for those who have seen it first hand- you know what i'm talking about... :)

its just contra heaven... i'm so excited for this season...

Edited by nero14