Who did it best?

I prefer the Vangaurd's version of Rhantom of the opera to the Vanguard's other version of Phantom of the opera!

heh..I like the Madison version of City of Angels better than the other Madison verison of City of Angels too! :P

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Firebird: Cavaliers 1988...for now. I have always LOVED the last 40 seconds or so of that show. GREAT wrap up with those huge drums and blazing runs!

Barber (all): Star 1993. The "chameleon's" last morph was ahead of it's time in 1993 and is a classic in every sense of the word now.

The Planets: Cavaliers '95 over Cavies '85. The expression on the saluting DM's face after the final release says it all.

Sheherazade: SCV 2004. I laugh out of sheer glee whenever I listen to this.

Edited by doctor john

Festive Overture- '86 SCV

Blue Rondo a la Turk- '03 BD

Malaguena- '03 Cadets

Short Ride in a Fast Machine- '01 SCV

La Fiesta- '84 BD

Rhapsody in Blue- '75 Scouts or '05 Phantom- That one is tough.

Rocky Point Holiday- '03 Cadets

Niner-Two- '81 27th Lancers

IMO

I don't know if this should be a new topic or not, but sometimes a corps performs a piece so well that it can never be repeated. Know what I mean? The first one that comes to mind is 2000 Cadets. They played Disney's Millenium Celebration when it first came out, and that is some awesome music, but no one will likely ever play it again because the Cadets pulled it off so well. Any other tunes that were "one hit wonders?"

While I LOVE Millenial Celebration (so much that I'm considering using it for winter this year) I absolutely hatred the Cadet version.

That said, I don't think anyone should ever play Holsinger's to Tame the Perilous Skies because they won't be able to top the Cadets in that!

Firebird: Cavaliers 88.. until I get a read on Regiment this year :-)

Come on guys, everyone knows Maleguena is Madison's piece.

Hell, sometimes I think that's all they know how to play.

True, but if you heard VK's version of it without knowing it was VK, you'd be blown away! I just tend to think people dismiss it because it was VK. The arrangement and performance of it were top notch.

RM - :doh:

ampssuck

OK - Who did Jesus Christ SuperStar the best? I say Madison is number 1 - BUT Argonne Rebells played the heck out of it as well. Anyone else?