Where are they now?

Ok so here's another one of my hair brained ideas. Post a corps member that you have always wondered where they are now or what they did after their drum corps experience and if you know the whereabouts or history (or if you are that person) post a reply. I'll get it started with 5 people who I don't know where they went (and yes they are all sop soloists, sorry bout that)

Jim Brady - Famed bridgemen soloist

Mike DeMeo - Brigadiers soloist

Jimmy Steele - Statesmen soloist

John Arietano - Sun, Sky, Empire soloist

Scott Stansfield - Various corps

Edited by BucsBuff

Ok so here's another one of my hair brained ideas. Post a corps member that you have always wondered where they are now or what they did after their drum corps experience and if you know the whereabouts or history (or if you are that person) post a reply. I'll get it started with 5 people who I don't know where they went (and yes they are all sop soloists, sorry bout that)

John Arietano was/is working with the Skyliners, last I checked. He also teaches and performs with the Lambertville Volunteers senior parade/exhibition corps, and writes for various bands and drum corps.

Scott Stansfield plays trumpet with the Blue Moon Big Band, based in Baltimore. For a part-time group, they're really good. The missus and I are planning to see 'em this Saturday.... they're playing a gig at a winery nearby.

Fran

Last I saw Jimmy Steele (Who by the way was a Mellophone soloist with Empire), he was the Brass Caption Head for Spirit of JSU. He was also the Band Director at Medina HS in upstate NY, who had a good run as the NYSFBC Small School 2 Champions for something like 4 years in a row. Very good band!!! Havent seen or heard from him in about 5 years now.

Edited by FPonzo

I saw Jimmy Steele in a music store in Orchard Park NY at the end of school. He is doing very well. Mike DiMeo is still living in New Hartford NY and teaches a class or two at a local college. I believe a music appreciation course and a Jazz Band. You can also see him play in a R&R horn band called Classified. They have a VERY large performance schedule in this area.

Jimmy Steele is still working at Medina, last I heard, but not at the high school. He hasn't been there in a few years. I'm not sure if he is still with Spirit, I'll have to check their website.

Mike DiMeo is still living in New Hartford NY

Hahahahah West Haven

Jimmy Steele was brass caption head at Crossmen last summer, been trying to get a hold of him lately to find out what he's up to now a days

edited for my lack of spelling skillz

Edited by BassClef8vb

While we are at it...

Bob Simpson St Joes soloist

Tom CeCere St Joes soloist

Dick Bargy Crusaders soloist

Where are they now?

How about Roland Garceau BRigs, Bush, Renegades and Kingsmen.

What is he up to now. I heard he was married and had a baby but is he playing.

And Marc Kelly and Alex they were both good soloists with the Brigs.

Edited by beagus