Kalamazoo WebKast Korner

Ok, I totally get Blue Devils show. Without knowing anything about the actual theme of the show it is obviously meant to be a tribute to Blue Devils history. DCI Championships are finally going to be on the west coast and I bet BD is taking this opportunity to reach out to BD alumni and fans through the years. There are a lot of classic Blue Devils elements musically and visually. The guard wings at the beginning and the end are a huge nod to the Devils glory days of the 1980's. The ending is probably still in development as it did lack some "umph" though. Can't wait to see what happens!

There were a lot of moments where they acknowledged some BD history and it made me tear up a little and feel nostalgic. Incredible work, Blue Devils. Wayne, this could be some of your most gorgeous writing yet. :worthy:

1st place - Blue Devils

2nd place - Cavaliers

3rd place - Bluecoats

Missed most of Glassmen's show and all the rest.

Edited by THX 1138

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BD might need to pull a 2002 and make some changes..The first half is there, but the 2nd half needs something more to me..

Liked it better than previous years. When they play the hard stuff, they still stand still. But much better than last years show for sure! Nice guard, the wing effect was nice.

Cavies, Bluecoats and BD will be close tonight.

July, field judges are probably coming back on the field. At least for the percussion. Not sure about the others, anyone know?

After Wednesday, the percussion and field visual judges will actually be on the field again..

Same here. So I got to see the last 1:00 of Cascades, intermission, and the last 1:00 of BD... <**>

That is why I decided against subscribing to the premium membership. I'm not going to pay DCI $90, then HOPE they have their act together on the tech stuff.

Edited by acn

That is why I decided against the subscribing to the premium membership. I'm not going to pay DCI $90, then HOPE they have their act together on the tech stuff.

Last year everything worked perfectly for me, so I'm just hoping that this was one time only...

That is why I decided against the subscribing to the premium membership. I'm not going to pay DCI $90, then HOPE they have their act together on the tech stuff.

I don't see how you can blame them when some people here had no issues whatsoever...

I can't label that as their fault