Kalamazoo WebKast Korner

The thing about these scores is that they weren't consistent with previous shows....BUT....maybe, just maybe they were indicitive of true performance? Bluecoats win color guard with the highest CG score of the season (16.6).....but were 3rd in percussion (they had only lost two shows prior to tonight). I wasn't there so I can't comment on the validity of the scores, only on their strange progression from previous shows.

One thing was consistent though, every caption was close between Cavs, BD, and Coats. Its going to be an exciting July.

DW

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I had the same problem with my laptop....I finally gave up in disgust and switched to my husband's....it is fine. It has something to do with the ActiveX controls on your Internet Explorer, probably. I only had sound...and a green screen. And his prompted me about the Active X stuff and all was fine. It is maddening. I shouted profanities all the way through until Seattle. I missed Memphis Sound....who I really wanted to see. They sounded FABULOUS...but that is not enough...I WANTED TO SEE. Good luck.

This wasprobably my only chance to see my son perform with Memphis Sound and of course the webcast didn't start working until AFTER their performance :(

Then comes on and then cuts off so I miss half the Bluecoats performance. grrr

What a waste ....

Whats more shocking as that bd received a 16.9 in visual perf while cavies received at 16.3.

What does the visual performance represent?

This may be the individual technique area....form is usually under ensemble. BD has a better individual technique than Cavies. Cavies hold forms better.

That would be marching technique. No surprise that BD won it. Cavies have a tendency to flop their feet around like dead fish.

..says the Blue Devil.

The Cavaliers win feet often enough, but they're young and have a difficult drill this year. In time...

Actually, that's encouraging if you're a fan of a corps competing against BD. It means their perennial strengths are not strengths this year!

I can't comment on guard, but I'm not so sure that holds up for brass. I've heard them in warmup and right now I don't think they're warmup quality sound is making out to the field due to their high visual demand. Once they get their endurance up a bit I think you'll see the brass score go up. After hearing them warmup, I think they've got one of the best sounding hornlines I've heard in a long time.

..says the Blue Devil.

The Cavaliers win feet often enough, but they're young and have a difficult drill this year. In time...

Don't worry. He's just jealous because the Cavaliers feet always "flop" onto the ground 5 times more often in their show than some other corps. :)

And btw - if they DO "flop" it sure doesn't come out of their horns. They sound nice and smooth to me.

Edited by PeeWee

Actually, that's encouraging if you're a fan of a corps competing against BD. It means their perennial strengths are not strengths this year!

Disagree -- chances are high that BD will end up very strong in brass, and CG.

BD third in CG and brass, and still won. THAT is surprising, and probably encouraging if you are a BD fan

That's because Dallas Niermeyer sealed the deal for the Blue team. He had them up 6 tenths over The Cavaliers and his score doesn't get divided by two.

I'm a little surprised Albert Lo put the green team up. I'm sure that will change when he judges Phantom and The Cavaliers at the same show.

And what about visual performance... it's not completely shocking to put BD up, but by 6 tenths?!?! Oh wait... Nola Jones. Yep, I could have called that one before the show even started.

All these corps' will see Dallas Niermeyer and Albert Lo again in the last week. You can be sure of it.