Mankato

That's probably the largest unserved market in DCI. You have Crown down around Charlotte, and previously had the Crossmen around Philadelphia, but there's no DC in DC.

A crime, I say!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Washington Majors, perhaps?

The design was subpar, as was the execution. Drill rewrites may improve the design some (I don't think that the music selections & arangements are particularly good either),

I agree with you 100%. I realize that it is a crime to speak ill of Madison, but the facts are that the product they have right now is not good. The design, especally visually is not good. The drill in the ballad was flat out awful. There were parts of the opener where I was scratching my head because I did not think what I saw lined up at all with what I was hearing. There were a few moments I liked in the closer. I hated Kashmir both musically and visually. The music for the last two tunes has potential, but as long as they are redoing the drill they may as well redo the music for the opener too. I think the old saying about putting lipstick on a pig applys to the show in its current form.

I agree with you 100%. I realize that it is a crime to speak ill of Madison, but the facts are that the product they have right now is not good. The design, especally visually is not good. The drill in the ballad was flat out awful. There were parts of the opener where I was scratching my head because I did not think what I saw lined up at all with what I was hearing. There were a few moments I liked in the closer. I hated Kashmir both musically and visually. The music for the last two tunes has potential, but as long as they are redoing the drill they may as well redo the music for the opener too. I think the old saying about putting lipstick on a pig applys to the show in its current form.

It's not a crime at all "to speak ill of Madison"... that is one of the huge lies in this forum. What IS a crime, AND THIS GOES FOR ANY CORPS BEING DISCUSSED, NOT JUST MADISON, is to hide ones dislike for a corps behind subtle innuendo and to say inflammatory things at moments when the poster knows it will cut just a little deeper or sting a little harder for their own amusement. That is tacky and classless, and then when the poster comes back and says something like: "What? I'm not allowed my opinion?" ... followed shortly by the now standard "I love (so and so) and have been a fan for years, and I wish nothing but the best for them" and then adding some unnecessary snide remark to that is a whole heck of a lot different than simply saying (as many people do) "I've always loved (so and so), but it is definetly going to be a rough year from what I've seen" and following it up with an honest review, like yours. I always like the people who come right out and say "I've never really been a fan of (so and so)."

I certainly don't mean to put words in anyones mouth... you can say what you want. But if you add a slam in with a reasonable critique (like yours above) of any corps, SOMEONE from that corps alumni, support group or fan base is going to come in and challenge you. And it happens a TON now with Madison, because they ARE having a rough go of it this year. The haters are in "innuendo heaven" posting their "I meant no harm" slime covered posts, when in reality they knew darn well it would cause a stir. But next year it very well could be some other corps who falls flat on their face. Try going into the "Bone's" thread going out there and start slamming their past years or make smart aleck comments about how it's not going as well as they suggested it might be this year. Someone will vigorously defend the corps and the program... I am 100% sure. So why is that any different? But put in an honest review of what you saw and state it as you did above, and I'm sure they too will take note of it.

YOUR post above is absolutely PROPER and you will get no argument from me. You will not find me challenging anyone who makes a post expressing their valid opinion as it relates to Madison. In fact, I think the powers that be who do get this type of info passed on to them do indeed pay attention to it no matter who the corps is. In the off season I see Jeff Fiedler in here lurking about. Nothing wrong with that. Now, had you tied in your honest opinion above with slams at management, your personal dislike of the alumni or a specific person associated with the corps or worst of all, taken out your dislike for a person who just posts here on DCP by dissing an entire corps for that dislike of a single person, well then THAT is a crime.

IMHO of course <standard disclaimer necessary>

It's not a crime at all "to speak ill of Madison"... that is one of the huge lies in this forum. What IS a crime, AND THIS GOES FOR ANY CORPS BEING DISCUSSED, NOT JUST MADISON, is to hide ones dislike for a corps behind subtle innuendo and to say inflammatory things at moments when the poster knows it will cut just a little deeper or sting a little harder for their own amusement. That is tacky and classless, and then when the poster comes back and says something like: "What? I'm not allowed my opinion?" ... followed shortly by the now standard "I love (so and so) and have been a fan for years, and I wish nothing but the best for them" and then adding some unnecessary snide remark to that is a whole heck of a lot different than simply saying (as many people do) "I've always loved (so and so), but it is definetly going to be a rough year from what I've seen" and following it up with an honest review, like yours. I always like the people who come right out and say "I've never really been a fan of (so and so)."

I certainly don't mean to put words in anyones mouth... you can say what you want. But if you add a slam in with a reasonable critique (like yours above) of any corps, SOMEONE from that corps alumni, support group or fan base is going to come in and challenge you. And it happens a TON now with Madison, because they ARE having a rough go of it this year. The haters are in "innuendo heaven" posting their "I meant no harm" slime covered posts, when in reality they knew darn well it would cause a stir. But next year it very well could be some other corps who falls flat on their face. Try going into the "Bone's" thread going out there and start slamming their past years or make smart aleck comments about how it's not going as well as they suggested it might be this year. Someone will vigorously defend the corps and the program... I am 100% sure. So why is that any different? But put in an honest review of what you saw and state it as you did above, and I'm sure they too will take note of it.

YOUR post above is absolutely PROPER and you will get no argument from me. You will not find me challenging anyone who makes a post expressing their valid opinion as it relates to Madison. In fact, I think the powers that be who do get this type of info passed on to them do indeed pay attention to it no matter who the corps is. In the off season I see Jeff Fiedler in here lurking about. Nothing wrong with that. Now, had you tied in your honest opinion above with slams at management, your personal dislike of the alumni or a specific person associated with the corps or worst of all, taken out your dislike for a person who just posts here on DCP by dissing an entire corps for that dislike of a single person, well then THAT is a crime.

IMHO of course <standard disclaimer necessary>

I forgot to add this. I have always loved Madison, but the BOD and current managment/staff/members/alumni/fans/family/pets are all idiots who frankly should have never been born.

Thanks for reminding me. :P

They could be the Washington Rangers or Potomac Rangers something. Frankly, I'm surprised the Baltimore-Washington-Alexandria region isn't represented in Division I. You'd think the talent would be there, especially in the Northern Virginia edge cities.

I would LOVE a drum corps around DC. As it is, I happen to live pretty much exactly halfway between the Cadets and Carolina Crown, with a 7ish hour drive either way. A corps in DC could get a ton of talent from northern Virginia as well as the Tidewater area, and that's just Virginia alone...

I forgot to add this. I have always loved Madison, but the BOD and current managment/staff/members/alumni/fans/family/pets are all idiots who frankly should have never been born.

Thanks for reminding me. :P

:lolhit:

now THAT was awesome... :laugh: