Mankato

Do you think that would work though in this era of "modern" drum corps, with much more complex drill etc.....

BTW - if they did completely re-write the opener, then I guess the process has already been thought of and started, and that take a large set.

Just got back home from the show last night.

They changed the ending of the show from Madison, WI show to Mantako, MN show. The soloist is no long being moved around by the guard. The staging of the Fleur de lis is closer to the fifty to start and moves to the end zone. They made a lot more changes that I don't remember.

The show is improving. There are still some weird musical things that I don't think make sense between Roxanne and the end. The show is improving. I still don't like the uniforms...

I heard people after the show that aren't connected to drum corps.... Locals....

They actually love the Scouts show. They thought they should have been in 2nd behind Santa Clara. Not necessarily my opinion, but it was interesting to hear that there are 30+ bystanders that don't think their show is crap....

Most people around me HATE the uniforms...

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh...you just didn't know where to sit. Section D was the me likee uniform section.

:)

I was in F with the screaming girls and babies ^0^ .

LOL.... Poor, unfortunate, "long suffering" Nats fan!! :laugh:

Hey, you wanted your own MLB team (apparantly a team 25 minutes away from you just wouldn't do), so you got one! Be happy!

Yes, long suffering. My father had the God awful Senators and my grandfather had the other God awful Nationals. Now, it's my turn. It's a Washington tradition to have a bad ball team, for better and for worse. We've had them since the mid 19th century with one team or another and a Washington ball club hasn't won a pennant since '33 with the other Washington Nationals of the American League. Trust me, we're long suffering fans.

And if you're reffering to the Orioles...I don't care how close Baltimore is to D.C.; they are not a Washington team. They are a Baltimore team. Baltimore and Washington are two completely different cities. They have their thing and we have ours.

Now, back to drum corps (something Washington is in desperate need of, in my opinion)

Edited by dccorpsfan

Now, back to drum corps (something Washington is in desperate need of, in my opinion)

O.k. this is OT but, if there was a Washington D.C. Drum Corps, what would it be called?

O.k. this is OT but, if there was a Washington D.C. Drum Corps, what would it be called?

The DC Pundits Drum & Bugle Corps.

Heck that could even be the name of a Drum Corps Planet Drum Corp!!

There was a topic that talked about our "dream corps" and I created a corps out of D.C. I gave a rather long description of the corps, but I named them The Washington D.C. Metropolitan Area Youth Drum and Bugle Corps (their nickname would be the Knights of Washington)

The DC Pundits Drum & Bugle Corps.

Heck that could even be the name of a Drum Corps Planet Drum Corp!!

Don't hate :P :laugh:

Don't hate :P :laugh:

:huh:

:worthy:

hey not hating... I'd be lieing if I said I shouldn't be in that corps either... :P

Edited by GGarrett