Mankato

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a fan of the Scouts, so dwelling on their underachievement of 2007 is beginning to wear on me. I already have to wallow in how bad the Cubs are every year. Isn't that enough?

Cubs have been turning up here lately. If they win their game against the Brewers today (and they're up 4 to nothing) this will be the third series ina row won.

Not to mention, The Brewers have the best record in the MLB right now.

~>conner

Cubs have been turning up here lately. If they win their game against the Brewers today (and they're up 4 to nothing) this will be the third series ina row won.

Not to mention, The Brewers have the best record in the MLB right now.

~>conner

You mean in the NL. 3 AL Teams have better records right now.

I have no idea why I even bothered to post that. :doh:

Edited by vferrera

You mean in the NL. 3 AL Teams have better records right now.

I have no idea why I even bothered to post that. :doh:

ah yeah, okay.

~>conner

I'm a fan of the Scouts, so dwelling on their underachievement of 2007 is beginning to wear on me. I already have to wallow in how bad the Cubs are every year. Isn't that enough?

I know how you feel, dude.

washington_nationals_r.jpg

*sigh* Go Nats.

Madison in 1976. They ended up third after rewriting their ENTIRE show mid season.

I believe they were the runner ups behind BD.

so....back to the Scouts....

I saw them in Mankato last night. My friends and I all loved the intro, loved the new uniforms, like the music/arrangements, loved the flags, picked out some cool drill moves and visual stuff, and we could all see potential in the show.

20 hours after the show with 5 D-1 corps, most of what I remember from last night is Scout stuff. I admit being a life-long scout fan, so I may be a "bit" biased, but I was fully entertained by the show. Lots of the other corps shows just kinda faded away-I know there were some good moments, cool things here and there, but nothing really stuck.

With that said...we noticed that most of the drill forms for the Scouts were very dirty-boxes and lines were not straight, there were spacing issues, folks that were even off-step when the corps trailed off the field. They looked like a really young group, and knowing there have been some re-write done to the show, I am optimistic that these things will be cleaned up in the next few weeks and they will jump up some in the placements.

Also, the guard only did work for about 1/2 the show. What they had was cool and done pretty well, but lots of sections were missing yet. Most of the other D-1 corps last night had almost all their guard work done. Again, this is a big spot where they can gain some points.

The ending of the show when the group fades out into the end zone was kinda cool, but it just didn't feel like a Madison ending (Louder/higher/longer/faster/louder/louder...). I will have to see it again to really get a feeling for it.

Overall, I am a bit concerned for the group, but I am not going to get all negative and dwell on it. We spent some money at the sovie stand, cheered loudly for the corps, and offered encouragement to some members as they walked back to the buses. Hopefully they will keep a postive attitude and not give up!

Madison in 1976. They ended up third after rewriting their ENTIRE show mid season.

Correction - they ended up 2nd, not 3rd.

1. BD

2. Madison

3. SCV

BUT, but, but, but.....Madison was coming off a 2nd place finish (1974) and a championship (1975) so you can't compare 1976 Scouts to the 2007 Scouts.