For those DCI shows that have DCA corps present

I got a nice reply from DCI about the recording. They said they had a different full version they supply to show sponsors when requested.

I don't know where the bad recording came from but hopefully it will after some emails it will be discarded.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Should have quoted better...this board works different. I was intending to not feed the trolls meaning giving the Cough more flem to spit up.

Also not a kiddo here and I gladly stand next to you as a patriot too.

Then I retract my statement. And apologize to you. :) Thanks for the pm, btw...

We are sometimes all victims of out technology. And at times, of ourselves.

I do not know if this has been clarified.. But DCA does not require you to have a flag party.. and it doesnt have to be an American flag party.. there are Canadian and Japanese corps out there. If they do have a flag party they should have the respective flags for there country. And Im Canadian.. so dont frown upon me if I dont put my hand over my heart when an American flag goes by. I will say this though.. I do believe your hats should be off, and you should stand for ALL anthems played.. not just the ones from your own country.. respect should be shown to ever country represented at a show, by a corps

A long-standing misconception. Here's the true origin of the song which provides the melody for the Star-Spangled Banner.

Dave do you know of any places other than Wikipedia that has this info? Problem I have with Wikipedia is you can never tell if an entry has been done by someone who is an expert or is putting down what they thing they know. Or for that matter someone with an agenda who is trying to slip something in. (Reminded of a conservative Christian my wife and I met during a tour of Luray Cavrens, VA. Every time the tour guide said "..... is millions of years old", he'd yell "WRONG!" and then beat up over the head with the truth... excuse me, the "TRUTH". I'm sure this guy would come up with some interesting wiki pages on a lot of subjects. :rolleyes: )

When I get a chance I'll snoop around but it might be a while until I get the spare time. Nuttin' personal... I'm just a history buff who tries to follow the three rules of historical research. 1) Verify... 2) Verify and of yeah 3) Verify.....

Not bashing. Noticed Lisa's signature--Blue State territory. Hats off to a person for being very informative on a topic that many in the Bay area are hostile to.

Rock on, yourself!! ^OO^

Blue? As it's cold there? Blue as in..when I look at the atlas it is marked in blue?

I believe all of our states are colored red, white and blue my friend.

I'm kind of digging this new Unity Party but I don't know who the candidates would be...imagine...politicians interested in unity.

Heh, try to color the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. We've been described as Philly at one end, Pittsburgh at the other.... and the Deep South in between....

This topic is wandering all over the place...so why not jump in with one of my own patriotic/drum corps pet peeves?

Would it be too much to ask that a corps -- or at least a few members of a corps -- perform the "Star Spangled Banner" at shows? Think about it. There are literally hundreds of musicians present yet, we often have to listen to some local yocal with American Idol dreams butcher the antherm or, make do with a bad recording?

This topic is wandering all over the place...so why not jump in with one of my own patriotic/drum corps pet peeves?

Would it be too much to ask that a corps -- or at least a few members of a corps -- perform the "Star Spangled Banner" at shows? Think about it. There are literally hundreds of musicians present yet, we often have to listen to some local yocal with American Idol dreams butcher the antherm or, make do with a bad recording?

At the Sioux Falls show, the organizers arranged to have the Sioux Falls area members of the competing corps play the SSB with a sprinkling of local band kids thrown in. There were 2 Blue Stars, 5 PR, and 1 Pioneer. It was very nice.

IMGP6553_800.jpg

The Serenade in Brass indoor show at Harrisburg has started a tradition of the Buccaneers Alumni being the first corps on the stage. The first number is the Star Spangled Banner.

My corps will be playing the anthem at a minor league baseball game in York, PA on the 14th. Our horn instructor liked Cadets version so well, we purchased the rights to play it in memory of one of our long term members who passed away during a parade.