River City Regiment

Glenn, I'm not sure who you are talking about but if you are talking about Doug, he was very welcomed into the drum line. He was having a great time playing all the aux. percussion until he had to quit because of health problems.We always took care of any interested members of the line.

I would have to back Dan up on this one.

When I contacted Dan Hudson a couple of years ago about the possibility of joining the RCR drum line, he was more than accomidating and made me feel very welcome.

It was a member of RCR's "upper level" of management who chased me off of the forum on the RCR website, "Because he personally didn't know me". His excuse. <**>

(edited for grammer)

Rice

Edited by rwrice

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is sad, but until the badly-needed management change happens, there is not much that could have been done for RCR. Cleverly written bylaws, passion of the members, help from other corps ... nothing could have prevented this. There is a reason that most of us simply gave up trying to work or even communicate with RCR two years ago, and it had nothing to do with the members or staff.

Happily, there are a many passionate and intelligent people waiting in the wings to help get another Sacramento senior corps up and running, whether it be RCR 2.0, the Freelancers senior corps, or whatever. I know it will happen, and when it does, we are ALL standing by ready to help in anyway that we can.

West is Best.

I agree!

I was not going to march this year but Dan asked me to come back to fill a bass spot. I tried REALLY hard to not let the things that were going on get to me. Now keep in mind I have never quit anything in my LIFE... but I just could not handle the corps bad management, so I quit (wish I didn't but I did). I would love to march again in the future (with RCR or another Sr Corps). I know I ###### off dan when I quit but hey maybe I'll join the Hornline :laugh:

Don't worry about having to quit, we understand.

BTW would you like to play Baritone or Euphonium? :P

Sorry Brian, we don't understand and don't tell people that have marched drum corps in a bass line that it's okay to quit 5 days before the first show.

Glenn, I'm not sure who you are talking about but if you are talking about Doug, he was very welcomed into the drum line. He was having a great time playing all the aux. percussion until he had to quit because of health problems.We always took care of any interested members of the line.

Yeah, that's probably who it was. It's good to hear the drumline was taking care of its own. I'm sure the guard did too. And for the most part the brass did. Too bad there wasn't a more global approach to that with the corps. Would really help to build a sense of family, I think.

Edited by gdisney

The things I'm reading/hearing here and there are very encouraging. I really hope that you guys can reorganize and come back out!! California is a big state. . . we should definately at LEAST 3 DCA corps here!! :)

We in the Govenaires were looking forward to meeting you cats at DCA this season. I guess that's out of the question now. Of course, it's a shame to see any corps go inactive at this time in drum corps history, but another DCA corps from the west would have really rocked. Be sure you all stay in touch with one another and when the time is right somehow get back on the field. Remember drum corps needs you!

Trust me, I've been working on Don for a long time. Maybe one day he'll give in. *crosses fingers*

OK..... this line could be interpreted in a variety of ways. b**bs

I really do need to get out more. :P

Fran

Sorry Brian, we don't understand and don't tell people that have marched drum corps in a bass line that it's okay to quit 5 days before the first show.

Time to let go of your anger and hostility toward others ... Don't you think !!!

When comparing one Bass Drum quitting vs. the entire RCR Drum Corps folding for the remainder of 2007 it doesn't seem to really compare.

Who is trying to compare?I'm saying it's never okay to quit 5 days before the first show.It doesn't matter if your mad at management, it let everyone down in the line. So much so that the drum line was ready to quit and fold the corps before they ever got on the field.Thank god my right hand man filled in so we could have a season.I have let go of my anger but I will never forget.