River City Regiment

The heat is just a motivator and keeps us in prime shape to kick ### when we get to a nicer environment. I mean to say you really don't want to have to do things more than once when its 100-110 going through run throughs.

RCR will be missed, especially to all those that gave up so much to do this thing in the first place. We had another great season just getting started and the door is shut; probably forever if the Attorney General has anything to say about this mess. So don't expect to see RCR any longer. If the name survives I would be very surprised. It is California so anything can happen in the courts. Crap that's why RCR did the pledge of alligiance at shows in '02. Stupid courts agreed that the words "under God" were unconstitutional. I am not affiliated with any religion and I think that is crap. If not for the sake of history.

So to all our fans... I Michael Jones in my own words , speaking upon annonymity of and without provocation to RCR, DCI, DCP or any other entity which is bound by contract or otherwise to RCR... I had hoped RCR would survive this struggle. Thinking upon it more and more, (What else do you have to do when your corps is disbanded) I find myself wanting RCR to be dissolved. Too much crap has been thrown about to make this viable. I will not go into any more detail until final judgements have been made by a court, or other legal panel. The only thing good about RCR is that we went out on top. (ok, ok it isn't until you go head to head with all other corps) But hell; I am saying here and now, I think RCR would have won DCA A class 2006 and 2007 at least. If it wasn't for our management we would have had the opportunity to prove it on the field. So for now all I can say is Go Dream! Go Renegades! Kick some tail at DCA and prove how good we are out here in CA!

Edited by suitebari

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh and get a loud mouthpiece already, and you wont have to worry about burning your lips ever again. Things are amazing to play on.

Happily, there are a many passionate and intelligent people waiting in the wings to help get another Sacramento senior corps up and running, whether it be RCR 2.0, the Freelancers senior corps, or whatever. I know it will happen, and when it does, we are ALL standing by ready to help in anyway that we can.

West is Best.

I second that.

If the name survives I would be very surprised. It is California so anything can happen in the courts.

It's quite possible that another organization could use the name "River City Regiment". VKYAO is not the Velvet Knights, Inc., but they could still use the name "Velvet Knights" because that name was still in the public domain.

Form a new organization and use the name.

Garry in Vegas

It's quite possible that another organization could use the name "River City Regiment". VKYAO is not the Velvet Knights, Inc., but they could still use the name "Velvet Knights" because that name was still in the public domain.

Form a new organization and use the name.

Garry in Vegas

*waggles hand back & forth* I would think it'd be better to go with a different name...a bit of baggage now sticks to the RCR name unfortunately, and it may be difficult to redeem that.

VK didn't have the same kind of issue...they had a much larger and appreciative fan base and they were gone for a decade.

Sam...

Shhhhhhhhhhh.

Good idea Garry.

I remember the WCS in Loomis in 2003. Everyone had been alloted stadium time in the "Africa" heat.

You mean the rehearsal I passed out and almost fell off the podium? Yeah, good times. Not a single corps should have been practicing that day - it was dangerous to everyone's health at 118 degrees. :unsure: