Jean-ettes 53.5

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

star not winning in 93

Please................... <**>

Is this the biggest upset in DCI history? Or name your top five upsets.

What was the upset?? 'Coats beat Cavies, BD or Cadets?? I'm confused here.

(it would be nice if one mentions MINOR things like these in creating a post....<_< )

Edited by sburstall

Is this the biggest upset in DCI history? Or name your top five upsets.

To call this an upset is to diminish the growth the Bluecoats have had over the past few years. If you look at the past several years, Bluecoats beating Cavies and BD is not too much of a surprise. Steady, consistent growth. That's the way champions do it. Like when BD beat SCV, the defending champion, for the first time in 1975.

They had that list that started with a bottom corps who had been beaten by another and worked it all the way up to Marquis beating Phantom. It was just some humor to show that this corps at the very bottom could have placed 4th at DCI.

Uh, Frank, Marquis really did beat Phantom at one show in 1976. Phantom had just made a lot of changes to the show. This had nothing to do with some theoretical list.

Bluecoats have the vehicle to whoop up on anyone they choose to. And I fully expect them to do so.

I fully agree with this. IMO (admittedly biased), 'Coats had the best-designed show in Kzoo. It is their first championship-level design. I just wasn't sure if they had a championship-level corps yet. Well, maybe they do...

The biggest difference between hoops and DCI is show design. Bluecoats have the vehicle to whoop up on anyone they choose to. And I fully expect them to do so.

I did mention that Cavies show was very beatable and Bluecoats were the one to do it. I was more shocked it took this long for it to happen.

I would call the opening show in 1988 when coats finished second to Madison in a show that had those two plus star, cavies, and phantom an upset. Last night was just the culmination of a lot of hard waork, a top design, and a corps making a statement that the title is up for grabs this year.

Go Bluuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu