Tom, The Don got all worked up over a few things said a while back and walked. I talked to him via PM and we agreed, it's not worth getting upset over this stuff. Especially when there's health issues. Basically told him, come back if you can, but your health is most important. I don't have all the answers.

Maybe in a show of solidarity we can have tee shirts made up:

The Don

Less Than Tactful

But Loved By Many Whoers

I wonder if he can still read things here....................I smell gasoline. :)

Edited by gsksun4
  • Like 2

Tom, The Don got all worked up over a few things said a while back and walked. I talked to him via PM and we agreed, it's not worth getting upset over this stuff. Especially when there's health issues. Basically told him, come back if you can, but your health is most important. I don't have all the answers.

The Don

Less Than Tactful

But Loved By Many Whoer's

I wonder if he can still read things here....................I smell gasoline. :)

Remove the apostrophe from the plural word and then we can move on here. :tongue:

Actually Ray, I have to agree... seems there might be something personal going on here... got a hunch the DCP minder involved is my Canadian friend who spent much of his drum corps life in Rochester, married a Patriot gal and fled to Las Vegas... have no way of knowing for sure...

If Vince Bruni were alive, he'd raise his eyebrows and say "Figures" as he and Donnie had a love/hate relationship that was quite extraordinaire...

Personally, I like Don and worry about his poor health... but he still knows how to scratch his fingernails on the glass and make everyone shutter just a bit... but you are correct, at our age - he's harmless and I don't understand the attention he gets on here... Certainly hope he's ok...

That Canuckian alone doesn't have the power to ban. Which is good, cause he thinks Poutine is fine cuisine.

But having been on the end of some of the Don's rants on the forums and in pm's, he doesn't know when A) enough is enough, you've lost move on and B) as Dr. Baggs once told my dad "there's few words or phrases you shouldn't use in critique, and you just got em all out in one breath, so head out please".

Don would get VERY personal. I love him, but he was his own worst enemy on here.

• Like 1

The Don

Less Than Tactful

But Loved By Many Whoers

Glen and all you Whoers out there. I think we all know who got the Don banned. He says it was just a week, but I spoke with Don at length last night and communicated with a few others. This callous jerk has managed to get him banned for life and this for a guy who only participated in GW because he got tired of all the tripe and trash on some other threads. This is a guy whose health has not been the best for a while now and he gets his sole entertainment source snatched from him. Apparently it was due to some IMs sent which are supposed to be PRIVATE and not for public consumption, but those were used as the premise to get Don booted.

Hey, over the years, and it has been quite a few since Don is one of the very first on this thread, he and I have gotten into some disagreements but never have I felt the need to go behind his back and report him like the classroom snitch. He and I have ALWAYS worked things out. I, as well as Don, are very passionate about our activity, the old days and even that into which it has 'evolved', but that passion is understood and we both know where the other stands when it comes to OUR corps ( Cru and Sky). Over the years there was some bad blood between our 2 corps, but we have always been friends, regardless of outcomes.

Now it comes down to 'you can't call me a bad name and I'm telling on you' ( not the exact words since I am not privy to Private Messages), but that is what it seems. I think it behooves ALL of us here in Whoville and our Queen to call upon the moderator to lift the ban on one of the good guys ( most times) and allow him access to this thread once again. The other alternative would be to move this site to a private site or a group on FaceBook where we ( meaning Nanci ) could decide who stays and who goes.

Yes, Don does go a little overboard sometimes, but don't all of us as well? Let us all do what we can to right this injustice to one of the most sincere and passionate members we have here. My guess is that now that Don has been banned we won't hear from his accuser ever again on THIS site.

Sorry for the length of this rant, but I just HAD to get it off my chest.

Bring back The Don!!!!!

Ray

• Like 2

Look I love the Don, but he was active in the DCA forums on current shows, and was very vocal. Understand also, DCP has rules that govern all facets of the site, including private messages, and if those were reported and found to be in violation, well, cya. trust me, I;ve reported stuff and been told "no it's ok", and reported stuff and had people nailed. I've been nailed. Don and I had some disagreements in the main DCA forums in the past, and I'm telling you, if you didn't kowtow to his way of thinking, he could be VERY nasty. I learned to just work around him, but even this season when talking about scores, judging etc, some of his replies could be not nice.

DCP didn't ban him on a whim. I can tell you that without even asking anyone. I've seen people get a lot of leeway on here since John D took over. And, no offense, but Don should be above being baited.

I mean holy hell, you all know Mike Siglow and how he could be, and he lasted for years on here before he was finally banned.

Again..I love Don, and he can be fun. But I've seen that other side, and it ain't pretty. You can all go tell me to pound sand or whatever, but if you go picking fights and fall for people baiting you, well.....then it is what it is.

• Like 1

cool guys... and Ray... I hear you - as the one standing next to Vince Bruni in the parking lot of Clifton HS outside your buses as the beer bottles were broken... I appreciate your comments more than most...

As I mentioned earlier, were Vince alive to read these comments, he would smile, say "Go Figure" and then give Donnie his bass drum back... Why? Because Vince knew his heart was always in the right place even if he had a definite problem with connecting his brain to his mouth...

All that being said - and this is mostly for Jeff, my only argument is the severity of the punishment... Jeff, perhaps that term "lifetime ban" means a lot more to old farts like Don and I ... as we begin to deal with thoughts of the inevitable. A young guy like you with a beautiful young wife (Christine) and wonderful daughter to raise are a long way from having to live with that reality.

I can tell you that Donnie can not read DCP on his home IP, but can on other devices by going around a few circles... but out of respect for DCP and GW and all of us, he declines to set up a new account under a different name - which he could easily do as long as he didn't log in from his main computer. Frankly, at this point, I don't know if he'd come back on DCP even if the ban was lifted. Considering his fragile health, it might be for the best. I hope the doctors relent and give him permission to fly home soon - so he can see his family and I can take him to breakfast...

• Like 2

Frankly, at this point, I don't know if he'd come back on DCP even if the ban was lifted. Considering his fragile health, it might be for the best. I hope the doctors relent and give him permission to fly home soon - so he can see his family and I can take him to breakfast...

That's how he felt back when he walked Tom. I told him let it sit for a while and see how you feel. He agreed that his health is more important and when he calmed down he returned.

Too bad the mods couldn't set him up for this thread only. He was comfortable here with the rules and us.

• Like 1

cool guys... and Ray... I hear you - as the one standing next to Vince Bruni in the parking lot of Clifton HS outside your buses as the beer bottles were broken... I appreciate your comments more than most...

As I mentioned earlier, were Vince alive to read these comments, he would smile, say "Go Figure" and then give Donnie his bass drum back... Why? Because Vince knew his heart was always in the right place even if he had a definite problem with connecting his brain to his mouth...

All that being said - and this is mostly for Jeff, my only argument is the severity of the punishment... Jeff, perhaps that term "lifetime ban" means a lot more to old farts like Don and I ... as we begin to deal with thoughts of the inevitable. A young guy like you with a beautiful young wife (Christine) and wonderful daughter to raise are a long way from having to live with that reality.

I can tell you that Donnie can not read DCP on his home IP, but can on other devices by going around a few circles... but out of respect for DCP and GW and all of us, he declines to set up a new account under a different name - which he could easily do as long as he didn't log in from his main computer. Frankly, at this point, I don't know if he'd come back on DCP even if the ban was lifted. Considering his fragile health, it might be for the best. I hope the doctors relent and give him permission to fly home soon - so he can see his family and I can take him to breakfast...

lifetime bans on here usually happen only after multiple offenses. ya know, like when Glen Hazelwood threatened to blow someone up. :ninja:

Some days I think banning me from here would make life better :tounge2: But I do hope he's well, and I will miss him.

Thanks for the nice comments Tom. But, I think I've had just about enough of all this PC bull crap and whiney cry-babies with skin as thin as cellophane. Friends do have disagreements, but they don't turn on each other with vengeance. I think I'm done here. It's been fun and have met a LOT of really nice folks and couple not-so-nice ones. It's probably better that I take my leave for a while. Be well all. And hugs to Nanci!

Ray

• Like 1