Nightmare scenarios all. Add the 1974 DCI East prelims for Garfield.

Actually, this was all a throwback to military drill commands. Eventually, instructors and show designers realized all these superfluous cues were just supplying opportunities for errors and simply eliminated them. Horns, for example, simply remained "up" for the entire show.

Drum majors always had too much on their plates, in my view. These days, I recommend at clinics that the shows be crafted such that they would continue seamlessly even if the drum major were suddenly abducted by intergalactic aliens.

I liked when the Sunrisers used the "right shoulder, arms" command to bring the horns up, back in the day. Very cool, and unique!!!

• Like 2

A little OT....Congratulations and Happy retirement to Ray Fallon!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

A little OT....Congratulations and Happy retirement to Ray Fallon!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks John... driving out of Fort Worth tomorrow early - Memphis tomorrow night. 4 days of driving.

Back to cold weather, shoveling snow, and people I understand.

Including you, of course.

Edited by rayfallon
  • Like 2

I liked when the Sunrisers used the "right shoulder, arms" command to bring the horns up, back in the day. Very cool, and unique!!!

Do you remember Brian Callahan starting us with no horns up at Baltimore in '76? Out of the Concert?

Took 2 tries to get started.

Guess this wasn't a one or two time thing.

Did I ever do that?

• Like 2

Thanks John... driving out of Fort Worth tomorrow early - Memphis tomorrow night. 4 days of driving.

Back to cold weather, shoveling snow, and people I understand.

Including you, of course.

You retired and are moving back to shovel for me??? Awwwww... you're the bestest!!

Boots? Not sure I get that reference...

Grey Knight Post Crusaders had 3 drum majors in 1965... Primary musical director Dr. Edward Mizma... chief judge chaser Vince Bruni... and the "show" major who gave all the commands etc. was this man on the left...

Boots? Not sure I get that reference...

Grey Knight Post Crusaders had 3 drum majors in 1965... Primary musical director Dr. Edward Mizma... chief judge chaser Vince Bruni... and the "show" major who gave all the commands etc. was this man on the left...

Tom, does the Martin family ring a bell?

Edited by gsksun4

>>Grey Knight Post Crusaders had 3 drum majors in 1965... Primary musical director Dr. Edward Mizma... chief judge chaser Vince Bruni... and the "show" major who gave all the commands etc. was this man on the left...<<

Hmmm ... does his last name go off like a "cannon"?

:-)

lol Boots was in diapers when this guy was a DM

Andy.... is shooting straight