135 replies to this topic

#1 Higgy

Higgy

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:31 AM

DCI posted this on Facebook earlier today.

"There's going to be a huge FREE drum corps parade on Saturday August 13 at DCI World Championships in Indianapolis that will feature 25 corps! Details soon! Get your tickets to Finals NOW. www.dci.org/tickets"

#2 SFZFAN

SFZFAN

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,903 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:34 AM

DCI posted this on Facebook earlier today.

"There's going to be a huge FREE drum corps parade on Saturday August 13 at DCI World Championships in Indianapolis that will feature 25 corps! Details soon! Get your tickets to Finals NOW. www.dci.org/tickets"

I'd love to see that parade but is that really such a good idea? Is that a distraction you want your marching members to go through on finals day?
Posted Image
Posted Image

Go Scouts!

#3 Michael Boo

Michael Boo

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,477 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:35 AM

I'd love to see that parade but is that really such a good idea? Is that a distraction you want your marching members to go through on finals day?

It won't involve corps performing that day.
This is my signature because I'm told I should have one even though I use my real name as my screen name.

#4 JimF-LowBari

JimF-LowBari

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,522 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:42 AM

#### nice for DCI to have a parade for my birthday but I'd save it for when I retire.... :cool:

Keystone Kavaliers 73-74 (3 months)
Westshoremen 74-79,84-85 Alumni 04
Hanover Lancers 04-11
Low Bari - Did't play lead and 5'6"

#5 wackywords

wackywords

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:45 AM

It won't involve corps performing that day.

Good to know, cuz I was wondering the same thing.

#6 Michael Boo

Michael Boo

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,477 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 10:53 AM

#### nice for DCI to have a parade for my birthday but I'd save it for when I retire.... :cool:

As a bonus, those who show up in Indy to celebrate your birthday can also get in some drum corps that day.
This is my signature because I'm told I should have one even though I use my real name as my screen name.

#7 JimF-LowBari

JimF-LowBari

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,522 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 11:05 AM

As a bonus, those who show up in Indy to celebrate your birthday can also get in some drum corps that day.

LOL what better way to celebrate. :thumbup:

And for those who can't make Indy and like standstill shows the Shamrock Fest will also be held that day near Philly. Also means our horn instructor will be directing as our DM will be in Indy (kinda hard to direct that way).

Y'all can celebrate my B-day but won't be there to pick up the tab. :tongue: Hoping I'll be celebrating by performing at Shamrock...

Edited by JimF-LowBari, 21 April 2011 - 11:06 AM.

Keystone Kavaliers 73-74 (3 months)
Westshoremen 74-79,84-85 Alumni 04
Hanover Lancers 04-11
Low Bari - Did't play lead and 5'6"

#8 Michael Boo

Michael Boo

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,477 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:16 PM

LOL what better way to celebrate. :thumbup:

And for those who can't make Indy and like standstill shows the Shamrock Fest will also be held that day near Philly. Also means our horn instructor will be directing as our DM will be in Indy (kinda hard to direct that way).

Y'all can celebrate my B-day but won't be there to pick up the tab. :tongue: Hoping I'll be celebrating by performing at Shamrock...

Well, what would be the reason, then?

#9 bringTheLoud

bringTheLoud

DCP Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 69 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:23 PM

POPULAR

This is quite the motivational event.
Make finals... or you'll have to do a parade tomorrow.
Classic.

I represent the amps are too #### high party

Posted Image

#10 whiteroses

whiteroses

DCP Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 12:26 PM

If you don't make finals, your season is over after you do inventory.. but now you have to do a parade? I'm really interested to see how this season turns out (including the G8 and all other new additions). DCI seems to be attempting to become more fan-friendly (which isn't necessarily member-friendly).
World Class 2009, 2010.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.