Youtube Thread

Oh I didn't take it as snarky at all. I'm quite upset myself! We are actually in agreement. I'm saying that education funding is half the problem. And going to a PA state school, I know what your talking about.

Graduated PA state system myself waaaaay back when (IUP - Dec 79) and understand. If anything it got worse from Dickie Thornburg.

OK another cannot play embedded vid link - 1974 Troopers drum line. Excellent quality for the time period and close ups of that marching pit (tymps/bells) if you never saw one before. First Jr corps I ever saw that I remember the name (first was a Class C corps that I never caught the name).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43OT0wbkxLI

Edited by JimF-LowBari

I also like this but BD fans look away now.....

Such love for a Silver medalist!! Such a warm and raucous ovation! I know the scores were close but that Bloomington crowd really showed both corps the respect they deserved!! Makes you wonder what the crowd saved for the first place corps...whoever that was??? blink.gif

tongue.gif

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 5

Wondering what is the oldest corps vid with sound found so far. Caught one from 1958 but it was a Sr corps. As a history buff always interested to compare the changes over the decades.

Madison in the UK back in 1988....

Keep an eye on the "borrowed" DMs podium....

The gong was ours too.

I like to think we played a small part in their success that year......................... cough.

2012 cannot get here soon enough, IMO!

• Like 2

Wondering what is the oldest corps vid with sound found so far. Caught one from 1958 but it was a Sr corps. As a history buff always interested to compare the changes over the decades.

1957 Have to wait with the initial interview.

Edited by Ghost

1957 Have to wait with the initial interview.

WOW!!! As a PA'er I owe ya for this one Ghost.... Will have to send to link to my Alumni mates as some competed against Gardner Post from Tyrone/Altoona area. We have a few late 50s members still marching.....

"Beautiful costume"... yea Fred's a bando.... but invented a great (Waring) blender..

Edited by JimF-LowBari

Hey old timers (this video is two years before I was born!), was it common for corps to hold the horns with only one hand and allow the left arm to swing?

Very strange. Of course, with no slides to worry about...

I was born 1957 but was told at least some corps did it..... Here's that 58 vid I mentioned earlier, has the arm swing. Also Cabs have a lot of full show vids, early 60 ones have the arm swing. http://www.hawthornecaballeros.org/?q=content/media

Edited by JimF-LowBari
  • Like 1