1225 replies to this topic

#31 corpsband

corpsband

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,140 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:08 PM

Just curious....does the music they are playing remind you of any of Crown's previous shows....or is it something completely different? I am just hoping its not dark and harsh.....

It doesn't remind me of anything they've played before -- entirely new piece (and composer) for Crown (and DCI for that matter), I'd characterize it as intense.

Fantasy, abandoned by reason, produces impossible monsters; united with it, she is the mother of the arts and the origin of marvels.

--Francisco de Goya

#32 Ghost

Ghost

DCP Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,599 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 08:23 PM

Doesn't look like they've announced any music yet; just a poster with a mask, wallpaper, and some eyes ( which is probably the theme of the show)... Obviously the poster hasn't been UNMASQUED yet... What are you talking about and where have you been? Posted Image

Posted Image

Hi Yo Silver, away! http://www.youtube.c...h?v=mjQPxtMv3vY

Edited by Ghost, 28 April 2012 - 08:29 PM.

If you're not a liberal by 25, you have no heart. If you're not a conservative by 35, you have no brain.

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. BF

Proper prior planning prevents pisss poor performance.

#33 Swine

Swine

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:36 AM

Crown is doing something revolving around a super hero. The show builds to Copland's Third and eventually blasts us with "Fanfare For the Common Man."

#34 TubaJon

TubaJon

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 941 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:05 AM

Crown is doing something revolving around a super hero. The show builds to Copland's Third and eventually blasts us with "Fanfare For the Common Man."

Gah!! I hope not or else this would be another show that I came up with but haven't had the chance to have my band do it yet but now I have to wait even longer cuz a corps just did my show!! Same music and a hero show. Mine was gonna be called the heart of a hero. Has that ever happened to anyone else?
Posted Image
P
MA
Cincinnati Tradition Contra 06-08
Blue Stars Tuba 09-Tupetaphone 2010
BoyPHriend 2011-2013 (Onyx BF10-13)
Royal Sound IME Director

#35 JonW

JonW

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 09:10 AM

I know an ordinary guy, that built kaleidoscopes, who made a big fanfare about how dreamy the brass book is.

Joe Walsh, Sara Bareilles, Keith Emerson and Antanas Bossanova? :tongue:
Posted Image

#36 Pat61

Pat61

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 07:47 PM

This sounds nothing like what I have heard of the theme. o.O
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#37 euphman89

euphman89

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 08:10 PM

This sounds nothing like what I have heard of the theme. o.O

Then you heard wrong. This is what I've heard as well from a few people marching there.
Baritone, Capital Regiment 2009
Euphonium, Glassmen 2010
Baritone/Staff, Cincinnati Tradition 2013
Brother of Kappa Kappa Psi
Music Educator

#38 Pat61

Pat61

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

Then you heard wrong. This is what I've heard as well from a few people marching there.

I have only heard dreams from a few and then when I asked for a teaser a few months back on Facebook they said something to the effect of "You can't even DREAM of it." Has it changed?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#39 CrownBaritone

CrownBaritone

DCP Rookie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 29 April 2012 - 11:20 PM

As a member of this corps and marching this show, it will be announced soon :)

#40 splat-a-drag-a-phonium

splat-a-drag-a-phonium

DCP Veteran

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 30 April 2012 - 05:23 AM

all I can say about the show is "WWWWWOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW". I'm looking forward to seeing this as it grows over the course of the summer.
Charles Long
Carolina Crown 90-92
In My Mind I'm Going To Carolina

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Please review Drum Corps Planet's Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.
The contents of this site are copyright (C) 2005-2010 DCP Partners, LLC and all rights are reserved. Requests for use may be directed to the DCP Office.
Drum Corps Planet™ and the DCP logo are trademarks of DCP Partners, LLC. All rights reserved. All other marks are the property of their respective owners.