2014 DVD arrived today :-)

Anyone get their Blu-Rays yet? I ordered mine long ago (with CDs) but haven't seen either item yet. I'm getting impatient!

according to UPS, my BluRay is coming today!

Just got my Blu-ray in. I watched Phantom and BK and had to stop after those two shows. I will say video is awesome, but I need some point of comparison on the audio.

Every impact point is compressed to the point that all emotion is gone, Passages that are mp are mp, mf is mf, and anything aproaching f and beyond is squashed to mf.

I checked my system and the dynamic range suppression is off. This has to be from the disc itself. Anyone else having this issue?

As it stands right now, I am so unhappy with the audio that it is not even worth watching the rest of the corps. I hope this is an issue with my copy because what i am listening

to is not drum corps.

Help.....

OK everyone. Big apology owed on my part. I watched BK again WITHOUT the HEADPHONES and the sound through the speakers was outstanding as Oldbandguy said in an earlier post. The video quality and color is outstanding as well and now I can't wait to watch all of the other performances as soon as I can get the place to myself and can turn it up to drum corps volume.

That is, of course, once I get all of the black feathers out of my mouth and egg yolks off my face.

(I will complain about the blu-ray...nevermore).

Edited by DTrooper77
  • Like 2

Just got my Blu-ray in. I watched Phantom and BK and had to stop after those two shows. I will say video is awesome, but I need some point of comparison on the audio.

Every impact point is compressed to the point that all emotion is gone, Passages that are mp are mp, mf is mf, and anything aproaching f and beyond is squashed to mf.

I checked my system and the dynamic range suppression is off. This has to be from the disc itself. Anyone else having this issue?

As it stands right now, I am so unhappy with the audio that it is not even worth watching the rest of the corps. I hope this is an issue with my copy because what i am listening

to is not drum corps.

Help.....

. Edited by Cappybara

to is not drum corps.

Help.....

I don't know why it would be an issue with your copy. It's a digital copy; it plays or it doesn't.

Could be the equipment setup, OR it's the way it's mastered...

Now you've got me worried.

Just wanted to get this to the end so no one will miss it....

to is not drum corps.

Help.....

OK everyone. Big apology owed on my part. I watched BK again WITHOUT the HEADPHONES and the sound through the speakers was outstanding as Oldbandguy said in an earlier post. The video quality and color is outstanding as well and now I can't wait to watch all of the other performances as soon as I can get the place to myself and can turn it up to drum corps volume.

That is, of course, once I get all of the black feathers out of my mouth and egg yolks off my face.

(I will complain about the blu-ray...nevermore).

Got my DVD today - still waiting on the blu-ray through my fan network subscription... ugh

The DVD is great though, and if its any indication, the blu-ray will be stunning.

As someone mentioned earlier, its loud! Lots of bass too (in a good way).

I am so pumped to get the blu-ray now.

I watched Crown and Bluecoats on the DVD, and wow, it looked great and sounded awesome.

UPS can't bring the blu-ray fast enough :)

to is not drum corps.

Help.....

Ha! I see what you did there!

Well played, Sir.

Edited by garfield

Still waiting.... :-(