Electronics policies in the Cavaliers?

Wouldn't it be better to get a flip phone for the summer? That way if it's lost or stolen, it's not a huge loss.

There are days when I'm tempted to get one for myself. I don't need to have email/internet with me all the time.

Edited by Lincoln

In 1971, they reportedly found your papyrus scrolls in the Dead Sea that you reportedly left behind while on tour.

I sincerely hope you've learned to recycle by now. I think you just might've killed a Sea back then with your papyrus throwaways.

I think the Dead Sea Scrolls were largely works from Old Testament times and, as such, did not include the Gospels of Matthew, Mike, Luke and John.

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be better to get a flip phone for the summer? That way if it's lost or stolen, it's not a huge loss.

There are days when I'm tempted to get one for myself. I don't need to have email/internet with me all the time.

maybe corps can get Dinkles to start to make these...

get_smart-tv.jpg

"If said competitor's shoe should ring during any authorized competition once the show coordinator has finished his aerobic upper body signaling of the the chief judge to begin adjudication, the chief judge shall immediately determine if the Clause 52 solution applies before signing off on the penalty astutely noted by the T&P judge on his score sheet or nodding to the field execution percussion judge to acknowledge appropriately in his possible taped comments and scoring. Clause 52 recognizes that corps using on field and front ensemble electronics are vulnerable to terroristic jamming, interference, artificially inserted sounds, bird calls, and buzzing when their electronic system has been hacked by intruders, competing corps, vengeful football players who want their stadium, or other nerdy technocrats experimenting with computer abilities. Clause 52 specifies that immediately the chief judge will convoke a subcommittee of noted percussion experts (usually seated in the lowest first rows of the venue,) show sponsors and a pre-assigned member of the DCI BOD alternating by geographic section (East, Midwest, South, West, California, and International.) The committee will caucus at the nearest refreshment stand to ponder possibilities and discern whether the competition should continue. In the event that a competing corps or lobbying corps supplier should be found guilty of such hacking, the culprit will forfeit their contest bond, lose said prize money, and be relegated to Box 1 showers for the remainder of the tour. Should it be a lobbying corps supplier (e.g. Dinkles being hacked by Viper,) said lobbyist will be assessed the tour food bill for the entire corps of that hacked corps or at least free samples for all percussionists in all front ensembles of the activity. If said intrusion occurs from other sources, the appropriate government offices shall be notified for prosecution. Further clarifications by the chief judge may be had by using his hotline phone to the Math department of Logan School District at the base of Mt. Diablo. Given this day in Indianapolis, Indiana."

(minutes from Rules Congress #101, session 15 and noted in the Rulebook, Volume XVII, page 84, paragraph 3 which every good DCPer possesses.)

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 3

Mike,

I actually judged a band who did a Pink Panther show with other characters inserted. The drum major shoe came off after ringing for some comic relief as he checked his messages. I was reminded of it when Jersey Surf did something similar a few seasons back with the intruding Joisey Jewish mother (evidently related to Howard Wolowitz.)

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1