Fan Network Armegeddon - So Long SCV 1989

So, they finally did it! SCV Phantom of the Opera - 1989 and 1988 both gone!

Phantom Regiment finally comes out on top in 1989! It took 25 years to do it, and it took licensing rights to do it.

Edited by drumcorpsfever

I think this news is six months old. Here is a list of everything that went missing from the Fan Network last December.

• Like 1

Some of the old Corps show DVD's that are still out there are going up in value and in price over the next decade.

Supply and Demand.

Edited by BRASSO

Some of the old Corps show DVD's that are still out there are going up in value and in price over the next decade.

Supply and Demand.

That has nothing to do with sync and streaming rights changing in the FN.

The supply will go down, and has because an organization is not going to keep producing dvd's if the demand is not there like it once was. But again, that has nothing to do with shows on the FN no matter how many ways we try to spin it.

It's the same concept as DCI no longer releasing LP's. There are those like me that want them, and so I have to pay absurd prices since there is no supply. At the same time, I can obtain the music cheaper in other formats.

Oh, how I live rehashing 6 month old threads in new ones.

• Like 1

Feel free to close then

I think this is a good place to mention that since December, 5 months later, there has been no change and DCI has still not reached out to FN subscribers to discuss any adjustment in subscription price already paid after they changed the terms/services.

• Like 2

I think this is a good place to mention that since December, 5 months later, there has been no change and DCI has still not reached out to FN subscribers to discuss any adjustment in subscription price already paid after they changed the terms/services.

It is time to clog their inbox with complaints then. I tried to show a current member how great Northstar 79 was only to find a large chung of the performances were gone!

That has nothing to do with sync and streaming rights changing in the FN.

The supply will go down, and has because an organization is not going to keep producing dvd's if the demand is not there like it once was. But again, that has nothing to do with shows on the FN no matter how many ways we try to spin it.

It's the same concept as DCI no longer releasing LP's. There are those like me that want them, and so I have to pay absurd prices since there is no supply. At the same time, I can obtain the music cheaper in other formats.

History teaches us that older Corps, top placing Corps, recordings,in fact go up in value in future decades when taken out of production, and out of circulation. In just about every case, the video and / or recordings sell for higher prices than they did decades before. This is because the supply of these top corps, top shows, has gone down, while the demand for them has remained the same, or gone up. My evidence to support my position, are the hundreds of top shows from the top corps that are out of production and circulation and have sold on Amazon from decades go, that despite being now out of production, out of circulation, are priced higher than they did in their first years of production, circulation, marketing, etc. Even the pre DCI shows sell for higher amounts on Amazon than they did in their first year of production, circulation, marketing back many decades ago There are a few exceptions to this norm, of course, but generally speaking the laws of supply and demand do play a role here. A corps show I once marched in, sold for 5 times what it did when it was first released. There are hundreds like this too. Thats because they are no longer in production, circulation, marketing. The remaining ones are in short supply, not readily available, and people are willing to pay a premium to have it in many cases.

Now... what concrete evidence do you have to support YOUR position that older Corps shows, when taken out of production, and out of marketing, go down in value, or go down in price, in future decades ? If you don't have evidence of DVD's in past decades ( of the top shows, the top corps ) going down in price after being taken out of DCI availability ( which is what I am referring to here, ie 88, 89 SCV show" Phantom of the Opera " for the future ), then you are simply mistaken in your observation on this , with your reply to me. You have no evidence to support your position that DVD's taken out of production, out of circulation, out of marketing, out of availability, don't tend to go up in pricing and in value in future decades than when first sold. That said, if you have the evidence of this, I 'd be more than happy to hear of a few specific examples of this from you, since you decided to jump in and challenge my assessment on this that the economic laws of supply and demand could have a role here, and as it has for many previous decades with these things.

Edited by BRASSO

History teaches us that older Corps, top placing Corps, recordings,in fact go up in value in future decades when taken out of production, and out of circulation. In just about every case, the video and / or recordings sell for higher prices than they did decades before. This is because the supply of these top corps, top shows, has gone down, while the demand for them has remained the same, or gone up. My evidence to support my position, are the hundreds of top shows from the top corps that are out of production and circulation and have sold on Amazon from decades go, that despite being now out of production, out of circulation, are priced higher than they did in their first years of production, circulation, marketing, etc. Even the pre DCI shows sell for higher amounts on Amazon than they did in their first year of production, circulation, marketing back many decades ago.

Now... what concrete evidence do you have to support YOUR position that older Corps shows, when taken out of production, and out of marketing, go down in value, or go down in price, in future decades ? If you don't have evidence of DVD's in past decades going down in price after being taken out of DCI circulation ( which is what I am referring to here, ie 88, 89 SCV show" Phantom of the Opera " for the future ), then you are simply mistaken in your observation on this , with your reply to me. You have no evidence to support your position that DVD's taken out of production, out of circulation, out of marketing, don't tend to go up in pricing and in value in future decades. That said, if you have the evidence of this, I 'd be more than happy to hear of a few specific examples of this from you, since you decided to jump in and challenge my assessment on this.

Well done in spinning streaming issues into a new topic to promote your agenda.

Also, really well done with reading so far into my comments that you are now putting completely new statements into my posts, that's special.

To touch on one new topics you started, do members of the DCI office staff, warehouse employees, and seeing sales statistics suffice in answer to your questions?

I doubt it, but you'll have some absurd rebuttal that makes non sense and is an attempt to downplay or dispute what I've written.

• Like 2

It is indefensible the manner in which DCI has handled this product reduction in a subscription service. Legally, it is probably lawful, but it is a a PR disaster the way DCI handled this... and continue to handle this.