Who Will Make Semis?

If semis were held right now, here is how things would shake out. Good news is Cascades would be IN!!! Bad news is Pio would be out.

As we enter the home stretch, will this order hold?

I am only posting most recent scores from 16th place down because it's pretty clear that the top 15 are set and will be in an order very close to this.

1. BD

2. Crown

3. Cadets

4. Bloo

5 SCV

6. BK

7. PR

8. Cavies

9. BS

10. Xmen

11. Scouts

12. BAC

13. Colts

14. Troop

15. Academy

16. Spirit 75.375

17. OC 74.5

18. Mands 74.45

19. PC 73.6

20. SCVC 72.1

21. BDB 71.2

22. Scades! 70.25

23. Legends 69.5

24. Genesis 68.65

25. Surf 68.275

26. Spartans 67.85

27. 7th Reg 67.2

28. Pio 65.4 :(

Edited by luv4corps

Does anyone know which corps are not fielding a full 150-member corps (less injuries and illnesses)? I assume that all corps on the posted list that are at 21st and above, are fielding 150 members, or nearly so. The Cascades left on tour with 125 members, including 62 brass (which I have not yet seen all at once).

So 3 will be in by default. 25 spots, 22 World Class Corps.

I'm betting for sure on Vanguard Cadets and Blue Devils B, I could see both of them doing pretty well. I don't see a 15th place finish like last year, but around 18th or so is definitely possible. After that. Genesis or Legends. Genesis is about 3 - 4 behind Vanguard Cadets, and Legends have established themselves the past few nights as being ahead of 7th Regiment, Music City, and Spartans, and not too far behind BDB last night with a VERY impressive 1.7 spread behind last years champion.

Cascades have a pretty strong chance of making semifinals. I think their show is starting to clean up well, and is a big step up in difficulty and complexity from some OC shows. I think BDB and SCVC will probably beat them, but I think after that Legends and Genesis are the only two threats. I think they're not quite a lock, but pretty close.

Jersey Surf is not far behind Cascades, however 1 - 2 points can make it or break it for you in this vicinity. Last year it was REALLY tight down there, 25th - 29th was 1.25 apart. 22nd to 24th around a point. And those corps are better and there's more of them this year in my eyes. Surf is performing just fine, don't know how the show will hold up. It's fun no doubt, just not sure how it will stack up.

So Pioneer. I think they're VERY improved this year. However, Legends are leaps and bounds better than last year, Music City has improved quite a bit as well, 7th Regiment as well, and Spartans are no slouch. If Pioneer finishes around where they did last year, it's not because they didn't improve any. Just a bunch of Open Class groups have as well. Last meetups with those groups weren't promising, and their scores aren't seeing huge gains that I see in their performance. Regardless, they're a better corps this year.

I think we'll see at least 4 in. I'd definitely bet on BDB and SCVC. After that, I'd put my money on Genesis and Legends. Will we see a 5th corps? I think that'll be the max, I don't see Cascades missing semis, they were barely out last year, and this year they have a MUCH stronger corps and product. If there is a 5th one...................7th Regiment. Just cause I really like their show. After the top 15, I could see it shaking down like this, a little bit of what I would like, plus being mostly realistic:

16) Spirit of Atlanta

17) Mandarins/Vangaurd Cadets/Oregon Crusaders

18) Mandarins/Vangaurd Cadets/Oregon Crusaders

19) Mandarins/Vangaurd Cadets/Oregon Crusaders

20) Pacific Crest (I REALLY think they should be higher, but they just can't seem to get any traction score wise).

21) Blue Devils B

22) Cascades

23) Legends

24) Genesis

25) Jersey Surf

As a last note. WATCH THESE SHOWS!!!

Early on I could tell Vanguard Cadets have a BEAUTIFUL musical package, and very Vanguard-esque drill like their big brother. Strong across the board. Fantastic show even in June. BDB has a great musical package this year, loved hearing it. Legends show is just awesome. Great music, fantastic drill, and a great easy to get theme. 7th Regiment's show has some fantastic music, very vibrant colors, and a great theme. Music City's take on the Planets is just awesome, Jupiter closer is fantastic. Genesis's take on Phantom of the Opera is refreshing but still recognizable. If you don't watch these shows before heading off to the Cinecast next Thursday, you're missing out!

• Like 1

I really like Pioneer's show this year as it's a bit of a departure for them. I glad to see a bigger Corps, too. I WILL see them at Prelims.

OT: My Hebrew is a bit rusty. What does it say on their front panel? Exodus?

the top 15 are set and will be in an order very close to this.

1. BD

2. Crown

3. Cadets

4. Bloo

5 SCV

6. BK

7. PR

8. Cavies

9. BS

10. Xmen

11. Scouts

12. BAC

13. Colts

14. Troop

15. Academy

I'd say closer to this:

1. Cadets

2. Crown

3. BD

4. Vanguard

5. Bluecoats

--------gap------

6. BK

--------gap------

7. Cavies

8. Regiment

9. Scouts

--------gap------

10. BAC

11. BS

12. Crossmen

Scouts are with Regiment and Cavies, not the lower group. It will stay that way.

I really hope the Mandarins make the Cinema telecast. They are one of my favorite shows of the year.. among all the Corps in DCI.

• Like 1

Does anyone know which corps are not fielding a full 150-member corps (less injuries and illnesses)? I assume that all corps on the posted list that are at 21st and above, are fielding 150 members, or nearly so. The Cascades left on tour with 125 members, including 62 brass (which I have not yet seen all at once).

Legends is not at a full 150, which is by design.

The focus was more on which WC corps would make it in... lots of people really getting behind Cascades and Pioneer this year, and rightly so. They both have really made positive strides this year.

• Like 1