Why are there so many less DCP DCA fans posting since 2012"ish&#34

Here's another response and probably one that will annoy people. Some of us just started to not really care anymore. The product is amazing, there is no mistake in my mind about that. But yet constantly hearing the whining about the good old days and how it is now just band and how it is all dancing and prancing and Broadway and costumes, and now those mean DCI people went and ruined DCA too ~ yeah whatever. Tell someone that you hope DCA moves to a more family friendly location for finals because you want to do more than just see a drum corps show and you aren't a true fan anymore, because living, breathing, eating and talking drum corps is what it should be all about and if you don't like it, too bad.

For what corps have left, there are new ones, but they don't seem to use DCp to talk about themselves the way others did. The ability to reach a greater audience is on FB and Twitter.

DCp at the time was a great reprieve from RAMD but it too is the old dino in the crowd now.

So aren't all these things that drive DCA fans away from DCP not also driving away DCI fans?

I think you've got two different types of fan.

For instance, every complaint that fans express about DCA's product is expressed fifty times as often about DCI's product, but whereas, to judge from Liz's post, DCA's fans get exhausted by it, a goodly number of DCI's fans enjoy debating such claims.

I think you've got two different types of fan.

OK, but what are the differences between their natures?

For instance, every complaint that fans express about DCA's product is expressed fifty times as often about DCI's product, but whereas, to judge from Liz's post, DCA's fans get exhausted by it, a goodly number of DCI's fans enjoy debating such claims.

Often because you have hit a point in adulthood that the trivial crap just doesn't matter anymore. Real life has a way of beating you down to a point where you circle the wagons in because you have realized you can't make everyone happy all of the time, BUT if you can manage to do things that make you and the ones closest to you happy, that is all that matters.

• Like 2

OK, fair enough, but I'm still wondering what differentiates DCI's fans from DCA's fans. A lot of the prolific posters on the DCI forums, both those who usually welcome change and those who usually oppose it (most are actually somewhere in the middle) are long past their childhood, but they apparently don't feel as beaten down as you feel DCA's fans are.

I would say sheer numbers. Many more of them.

Looking back at 2012 that was Cadets 2 first season. So there were a lot of conspiracy theories and people talking about George Hopkins plans to destroy DCA, which I think were proven untrue, but it was something for the conspiracy people and all the Hop haters who normally just troll the DCI side to get on and write about.

I have to agree. DCP even with it's moderators, You get trash talked, abused, and lets not even talk about how you bash one corps or another on here. But usually its really only one corps that most people ON HERE tend to trash talk. I need to find these Facebook groups. I can only imagine the commentary being much lighter and promotes the activity positively. It's funny that the topic comes up ON DCP of all places since, its DCP that frightened everyone away. Sorry to say.

the DCA page is ok. the others get more intense

and I hope you're not referring to me as trashing any corps. I may be critical in some reviews, but I don't bash anyone