Performance Slots 17 min -> 18 min?

In looking over the early shows in the DCI schedule, it appears that World Class corps are now spaced 18 minutes apart (Open Class 16 mins apart), rather than the 17 minutes that has been the standard for many years. I assume that corps are still limited to 10:30-11:30 for performance time, and the extra minute is for pre-show and/or entering and exiting the field? I guess with all of the pit and guard equipment to be set up, pit sound checks, etc., the corps requested a smidge of extra time?

In looking over the early shows in the DCI schedule, it appears that World Class corps are now spaced 18 minutes apart (Open Class 16 mins apart), rather than the 17 minutes that has been the standard for many years. I assume that corps are still limited to 10:30-11:30 for performance time, and the extra minute is for pre-show and/or entering and exiting the field? I guess with all of the pit and guard equipment to be set up, pit sound checks, etc., the corps requested a smidge of extra time?

That would be my guess.

It's been 17 minutes for as long as I can remember, going back to the 90's, I think. This small change is causing a major existential crisis, lol.

Traditionally the opening show carries no timing penalties. So maybe the corps requested an extra minute for their first event, since it won't impact sheets. And any delays won't hurt movie feed productions, rather being factored into the timing.

Just spit balling/.

Edited by mingusmonk

Traditionally the opening show carries no timing penalties. So maybe the corps requested an extra minute for their first event, since it won't impact sheets. And any delays won't hurt movie feed productions, rather being factored into the timing.

Just spit balling/.

Interesting theory. The first few shows have this revised timing, including DCI West. Either it's an early-season adjustment, or it will last all season, and they haven't finished updating the schedules. We shall see.

They need the extra minute to grease up trombone slides. It's a brave new world.

It's been 17 minutes for as long as I can remember, going back to the 90's, I think. This small change is causing a major existential crisis, lol.

Maybe Blue Knights will do a show about this...(refer Cesario in the Potter pod about BK and existentialism.)

Maybe Blue Knights will do a show about this...(refer Cesario in the Potter pod about BK and existentialism.)

The malleability of time: that one second...or was it two?

It's just for the early season shows. It's to give the corps time to work out their set-up procedures and get on and off the field before the penalties start hitting