After WTO, Manny would go into his rendition of Paul McCartney's "Till You Were There" ... then he'd cap off some performances with a short tribute to his girlfriend Robin by playing "When the red, red robin comes bob, bob bobin' along" ... all three songs kind of became his trademark ... he also played WTO at some standstill shows Sky did in 66 and 67 ... they always used some "fill" time in those days ...

:-)

Remember the tap dance at Symphony Hall in Newark on "Once In Love With Amy" - as the dancer (forgot his name) finished, Winky pegged his horn about 20 yards across the stage.

Good times...

• Like 1

Remember the tap dance at Symphony Hall in Newark on "Once In Love With Amy" - as the dancer (forgot his name) finished, Winky pegged his horn about 20 yards across the stage.

Good times...

Like Priester said, it was Vinny Costanza ... he would throw his horn a good distance to Winky, then dance wildly to Amy ... The Swim ... The Bop ... Locomotion ... everything was in play ... then, towards the end of the number, he and Wink would shrug and soft-shoe closer and closer until they finally kissed to end the song ... and ... it was done on the field as well as on stage ... the crowd loved it ... ah yes ... amore ... luv was in the air when Sky was on the field ...

:inlove:

I think MSG Felt Forum in 64 - 65? Then Symphony Hall?

Like Priester said, it was Vinny Costanza ... he would throw his horn a good distance to Winky, then dance wildly to Amy ... The Swim ... The Bop ... Locomotion ... everything was in play ... then, towards the end of the number, he and Wink would shrug and soft-shoe closer and closer until they finally kissed to end the song ... and ... it was done on the field as well as on stage ... the crowd loved it ... ah yes ... amore ... luv was in the air when Sky was on the field ...

:inlove:

Ya know, it feels like you're exaggerating, but think about it - I was a 15 year old kid - there were like 8 corps at the show, many of them I loved - 50 years later I remember Vinny and Winky.

The crowd DID love it.

As far as love being in the air... there was probably a lot of it in the back seat of cars after performances...

I remember Carnegie Hall in 63 because we were in the very top row of seats and we were literally looking straight down on the corps.

Vinny and Wink doing the dance also, but Pepe going center stage with Sunny Side of the Street had to be one of the highlights of his life. Along with "Did ya ever win da Dream?" he could also ask "Did ya ever play center stage at Carnegie Hall?".

Evening With The Corps venues:

62-65 Carnegie Hall

66-69 Symphony Hall

70-71 Felt Forum

72-76 (or so) Westchester County Center

:-)