70-71 Felt Forum

Went to a audio equipment show at the Forum back when and Bruce Morrow (Cousin Brucie) was on air broadcasting his show from the stage and Imus In the Morning comes on the stage with the suits and ripped the toupee off the DJ's head mid broadcast. Head set and all. Morrow was pi$$ed.

Edited by gsksun4

Evening With The Corps venues:

62-65 Carnegie Hall

66-69 Symphony Hall

70-71 Felt Forum

72-76 (or so) Westchester County Center

:-)

In 1974, my junior corps (Sacred Heart Crusaders) won the "Afternoon With the Corps" stage show at the Westchester venue.... and as winners, we got to play in the big "Evening" show at night.

I'm not sure if that was the only year of the afternoon show. And I have absolutely no idea how the afternoon show was judged. LOL.

In 1974, my junior corps (Sacred Heart Crusaders) won the "Afternoon With the Corps" stage show at the Westchester venue.... and as winners, we got to play in the big "Evening" show at night.

I'm not sure if that was the only year of the afternoon show. And I have absolutely no idea how the afternoon show was judged. LOL.

They brought in the nuns from The Dream ...

funny-nun-pics-14.jpg?w=1000&h=

Here they are at the judges meeting:

funny-nun-pics-18.jpg?w=1000&h=

Edited by ajlisko
  • Like 3

Sadistic little penguins...

if they had had guns in the 50s and 60s instead of rulers and pointers, I'd be dead a long time ago.

Give me a good Viet Cong any day of the week. At least your mom and dad didn't take their side of things...

• Like 1

"Out of the Spotlight"

Not very well known outside the Fairfield Country CT drum corps sphere was Barbara "Murphy" Finch, a very good and to put it mildly LOUD FHB that marched with the old St Ann's Loyalaires. (I'm sure Andy remembers her)

She was one of two persons who was responsible for me being involved with drum corps "Way Back When".

Elphaba

"Armed & Dangerous"

Former members of the Casper Troopers color guards rifle section of the mid 1960's.

Elphaba

the sea of black in the audience at the Dream was a sight to behold...

I do believe they all worshipped at St. Caballero's

• Like 1

Ya see? It's tough to keep going after pictures of NUNS!

I hope you're happy Andy!

Penguins!

Gives me chills from all the way back in the '50s.

slight aside - the school where those monochrome sadistasistas used to whack me was a couple hundred yards from the Hempstead Legion Post - Our Lady of Loretto School (not the one in Brooklyn) directly next door to Hempstead HS.

Got locked in a metal locker by one of the "holy sisters" (that description from me Irish mother) in first grade!

What on Earth can a 7 yo boy do to get locked in a metal locker? Esp with a size 8 head! Frightening!

I can still see the light coming through those little vents.

I hope they're all sitting in extremely warm surroundings today, and I don't mean Costa Rica.

"Out of the Spotlight"

Not very well known outside the Fairfield Country CT drum corps sphere was Barbara "Murphy" Finch, a very good and to put it mildly LOUD FHB that marched with the old St Ann's Loyalaires. (I'm sure Andy remembers her)

She was one of two persons who was responsible for me being involved with drum corps "Way Back When".

Elphaba

Who was the other? ... Donovan? ... I still remember when he was playing his tenor bari at I&E shows in the 60's ... what a sweet sound ... what made you go to the Lancers instead of sticking with St. Ann's ... and I sure do remember Murph ... think she's still around in CT somewhere ... her sister marched with PCP for several years recently ...

Who was the other? ... Donovan? ... I still remember when he was playing his tenor bari at I&E shows in the 60's ... what a sweet sound ... what made you go to the Lancers instead of sticking with St. Ann's ... and I sure do remember Murph ... think she's still around in CT somewhere ... her sister marched with PCP for several years recently ...

One of the (many) great things about the BHoF shows is meeting folks you haven't seen in a while - the last time I was able to attend I saw John & Ted Sasso (two of my earliest heroes and mentors), Ernie Fesler (Skyliner soprano great and also one of my first instructors), and maybe just as exciting was meeting two young ladies that I had taught in Milford Shorelines in 1978 who were now playing with CT Alumni. Just the fact that they remembered me was pretty neat.

It would be great if (in addition to being a venue for the young players in the various areas the shows are run) the I&E Andy Talk-fests became little mini reunions to an even greater degree.

Plus they're places you get to see some really cool "acts". My first exposure to the Romeos was at BHoF, plus the only time (believe it or not) that I've seen Mass Brass was at the Boston show, the same day I saw Basement Brass for the first time.

Love those shows, and grateful to the folks that are making them realities. Really looking forward (especially as the snow falls steadily outside my window) to getting to shows I couldn't make from Texas.