The history of the Westshoremen

I still remember going to the Pavillion to see Styx on the first tour back when Dennis was with them, but they had a new drummer...#### I wish they had had him back in the heyday! What a show...tho Kansas opening for them SUCKED

Some Disney channel something or other (I think)... Keep hearing the name and scanned the article in the Patriot News Go Section (we call it "Go To ####" section cuz it screws up so bad).Laughed cuz it said how tough she has been having at age 19.... At least Miley Cyrus got too old for Dizzy to give a crap. Had our nieces over for a weekend few years back and TOO much of Ms Cyrus. Leats I know now her old man acts worse than he sings.....

Well Miley got too old and started flashing her boobs all over.... I'm taking bets on whether she poses for Playboy or gets pregnant first....(did the same with Brittany, and unfortunately lost :thumbdown: was hoping for the Playboy spread before the kids)

I still remember going to the Pavillion to see Styx on the first tour back when Dennis was with them, but they had a new drummer...#### I wish they had had him back in the heyday! What a show...tho Kansas opening for them SUCKED

That WAS a great show...but the drummer that played was MUCH better than the original (although seeing them with the original drummer would have been cool) But he was amazing! I've seen Kansas 4-5 times now, and they run hot and cold...that one wasn't one of my favorites, the show a few years earlier in the stadium when Foghat and ELO (part II) played on a triple bill was a great show! Original Foghat, everyone in ELO except Jeff Lynne and one of the string guys, Kansas with one of their line ups, but a much better setlist, and they played better.

Best time I saw Kansas was when Robbie Steinhardt (Violin) was back with them at the Forum...Only the bass player wasn't from the original band :thumbup: (Ran into Treee and Don Barry at that one...in fact used to go to all the City Island concerts with them)

other than drum corps, I've only seen one concert in the Forum...Weird Al.

and I'd do it again

other than drum corps, I've only seen one concert in the Forum...Weird Al.

and I'd do it again

What a concert at the Forum, or Weird Al?

I've seen a LOT at the Forum! I saw Ozzy on his first solo tour, Harry Chapin, Rossington Collins Band (survivors of Lynyrd Skynyrd) Kansas, Ian Anderson (Jethro Tulls lead vocalist/flautist) The Tonight Show Band. Gov't Mule.. LOT's of bands! (I might be missing some)

Heck I found out I was losing my JOB at the Forum! :blink: (simulcast for the whole company)

Who is this Rick or Rickie Lee you speak of? The name doesn't ring a bell?!?! :blink:

LOL. :cool: Well, the DCW reporter called him "Rick Lee" and claimed he was in our corps. or was he just some guy that ran on in one of our uniforms, grounded 4 Tymps and just jammed with us for fun? :satisfied:

Hmm, the latest concert stuff I was at were some of the US Morglbl performances with Christophe Godin on Guitar and Ivan Roughy on bass- There's some audio and video of both out there on various sites, I think it'd be appreciated by people here. If yah don't find it, I'll bring my autographed CD's to the Summer cookout. "Jazz for the Deaf" is a great album in its own way. They're great guys, very accessible, talked some shop with them and learned a lot. Helps to be friends with their US agent. :thumbup:

Otherwise, I went to see Cinematic Titanic at York. Most of the old MST3K team there to heckle a movie called "Rattlers", about nerve gassed rattlesnakes coming through the drains of bathtubs to bite women taking bubble baths and blowing up motorheads working on their cars instead of listening to their moms.

Saw Styx on that same tour, at Merriweather Post.

The new drummer then, Todd Sucherman, is the brother of a friend of mine whom I worked with at Gannett.

Todd is awesome. He's from Chicago and was a session drummer there.... so when John Panozzo couldn't tour, (he ended up dying during the summer of 1996) Todd got the call. Last I heard, he's still with the latest version of Styx and does session work in Los Angeles.

So, as a result... since we "knew someone who knew someone"... Barbara and I got free tickets for that show in '96. And backstage access after! :thumbup:

You're right about Kansas as the opener.... the lead singer had pretty much lost his voice and really struggled through tunes like "Dust in the Wind." Rough, to say the least.

Heck I found out I was losing my JOB at the Forum! :blink: (simulcast for the whole company)

LOL, only concert I remember seeing at the Forum was some Gospel thing that we got drug too... and ####ed if I remember how THAT was pulled off.

Kicker was the "Freewill Donation" while the speaker basically said "God blesses based on what HE receives". My comment was "God loves ya if ya send $10, He loves ya twice as much for $20".

Got Jimmy Stewarts autograph there in the early 80s. Thanks to SIB I knew how to sneak into backstage via the "Foyer" doors before security saw me. Lucky for me I was standing 5 feet away waiting for him to sigh for someone else by the time they saw where I went. By then they were just trying to get him in the car.

Saw Styx on that same tour, at Merriweather Post.

The new drummer then, Todd Sucherman, is the brother of a friend of mine whom I worked with at Gannett.

Todd is awesome. He's from Chicago and was a session drummer there.... so when John Panozzo couldn't tour, (he ended up dying during the summer of 1996) Todd got the call. Last I heard, he's still with the latest version of Styx and does session work in Los Angeles.

So, as a result... since we "knew someone who knew someone"... Barbara and I got free tickets for that show in '96. And backstage access after! :thumbup:

You're right about Kansas as the opener.... the lead singer had pretty much lost his voice and really struggled through tunes like "Dust in the Wind." Rough, to say the least.

I agree...I love drummers that overplay like crazy! It's a shame that Dennis DeYoung left the band and there's a cast of characters in it anymore...I saw Tommy Shaw open for Rush years back, and it was "ok" but not the same without Dennis... (Always said that the vocals make the band) I think John Panozzo passed away a few nights after we saw them (IIRC) But I was glad I got to see that tour!

Kansas just isn't the same band without Robbie Steinhardt...the group that's out now isn't great according to a friend that saw them recently. (and they're playing smaller and smaller venues)(probably in Legions and VFW's by now)