DCA Accepting Bids For 2014, 2015 World Championships

Ohio. Be it Akron/Canton, Cleveland, Cloumbus or even Toledo. That would make my day.

• Like 1

Ohio. Be it Akron/Canton, Cleveland, Cloumbus or even Toledo. That would make my day.

Cleveland would be great from my point of view as well. Plenty of hotels, easy traveling around town, good airport, easy highway access, lots of great practice stadia, and a couple of good possibilities for the show itself.

Unfortunately, however, there isn't a large enough personnel infrastructure to make a go of it. And that same problem would probably doom any effort in Akron/Canton, Columbus, or Toledo - just not enough of an all-age presence to make it viable.

• Like 2

Now since no one else has put up an idea to encourage a bid for 2014/15 - I will... and this represents NO insider information... quite the contrary, it is just my "idea"...

NASHVILLE, TN ...

That would be absolutely awesome!!! :thumbup:

Edited by Fran Haring
  • Like 2

I think Vegas or Southern California would be nice place to DCA Champs...

I wish I have the $$$ to summit a bid.. I would work on the committee to get it out here...

• Like 1

because everyone's waiting for it, submit a bid

• Like 1

Send me the paperwork...:shutup:

How about the Youngstown area?,............ YSU has a prefectly sized facility,...........relatively moderate pricing for hotels and restaurants throughout the area,........and plenty of them!

How about the Youngstown area?,............ YSU has a prefectly sized facility,...........relatively moderate pricing for hotels and restaurants throughout the area,........and plenty of them!

Youngstown would be okay, Gary. YSU has a good stadium; there are plenty of reasonably-priced restaurants; but there aren't all that many "decent" hotels. Perhaps the biggest drawback, however, would be the lack of a drum corps-oriented infrastructure. There's no history of drum corps down there, so there would be relatively few people to work on ensuring the success of such an event.

Actually, Youngstown was going to bid a couple of years ago and withdrew when they simply could not support the hotel demands... they don't have the hotels you think they do...

But even I must admit that for the corps... anything in the Eastern Ohio region would be a great compromise site. I only wonder if the fans are available in that area? I know DCI shows - for instance - are very successful in the Nashville area (Murphreesboro etc) - so one can assume the fan potential is there, but is this the case in greater Cleveland? Andy? Anyone? I'm not criticizing, I'm asking... seriously, I don't know...

been a long time since my buddy Alan Smythe trudged to Cleveland Caballeros rehearsal... Or my idol Brad Longdo trapsed off to Satan's Angel's... in Bellfontaine (sp?)

• Like 1

Actually, Youngstown was going to bid a couple of years ago and withdrew when they simply could not support the hotel demands... they don't have the hotels you think they do...

But even I must admit that for the corps... anything in the Eastern Ohio region would be a great compromise site. I only wonder if the fans are available in that area? I know DCI shows - for instance - are very successful in the Nashville area (Murphreesboro etc) - so one can assume the fan potential is there, but is this the case in greater Cleveland? Andy? Anyone? I'm not criticizing, I'm asking... seriously, I don't know...

been a long time since my buddy Alan Smythe trudged to Cleveland Caballeros rehearsal... Or my idol Brad Longdo trapsed off to Satan's Angel's... in Bellfontaine (sp?)

What would also be nice for a NASHVILLE bid, is that it has so much else to do. A real "Full Family Vacation" could be formed around a DCA Championship. Also I think Vanderbilt Univ is there. (Big Stadium) Tenn. Titans(NFL Big Stadium). Lots of Hotels. The Big Country Music scene, on and on. Alot of things going on even for those in the family that might not want to go to ALL the DCA events. There are also, Both DCI and DCA groups in the area. Not to mention Drum Corps people from the South (A very Growing area), that might be willing to drive some (from GA, NC, KY, FL, AL) to Nashville as opposed to a Cleveland, Toledo, Charlotte, Memphis or back to Scranton, Pittsburh, Allentown, Rochester.

BUT. It still takes someone willing to take a BIG CHANCE, with a lot of money, to make a BID. I do hope that this moving every 2 years is GOOD for DCA. That more place's get to have the oppertunity to host it in our "DCA World".

Edited by 2B or not 2B