Warrenton, Virginia

Anyone else having trouble with DCI's website not opening for the scores page? It keeps giving me an error thumbdown.gif

• Like 2

Holy inflated scores Batman! Looks like a lot of people jumped 2 or more points in the last day or so. I'm guessing these will drop back down a bit tomorrow, since these recap scores are insane with 10 days still to go.

Not a review, just some quick observations and bits of information about this show before I hit the hay:

I drove through a very intense rainstorm for about 5 minutes about 10 miles out from the stadium. It had stopped by the time I arrived. Looked like it was clearing up but started to cloud over again before sunset. The show started on time and there were no rain delays. All of the corps performed in dry conditions until after intermission. Drizzled on and off during Crest & Colts and started to rain steadily about halfway through Bloo. Rain started to let up again before Devs and just about stopped by the time they started, then started to drizzle again during their show.

Due to the rain showers, Devs performed their entire show without wearing their hats.

Plenty of drops by Bloo and Devs guard, I assume due to wet conditions.

This show has traditionally been held at Fauquier H.S. in Warrenton but was relocated to Liberty H.S. in Bealeton (just down the road) 3 years ago. They announced during tonight's show that it will be moving back to Warrenton next year, as Fauquier H.S. has been renovated. Liberty looks like a fairly new school, with a nice football stadium with artificial turf and colorful end zones. The road which passes behind the bleachers is apparently a major truck route, with lots of noisy engine braking/downshifting going on throughout the show.

The rain really opened up during the encore presentation by the USMC Drum & Bugle Corps and they had to cut their show short. They hurriedly brought out the DMs and announced the scores as people were running for their cars.

Edited by 84chief

Nobody seems to have posted the actual scores yet:

World Class

1. 94.500 -- Blue Devils

2. 90.800 -- Bluecoats

3. 81.200 -- Colts

4. 79.150 -- Pacific Crest

5. 77.950 -- Mandarins

6. 68.850 -- Pioneer

7. 68.250 -- Cascades

Open Class

1. 89.7450 -- Blue Devils B

Recaps

Pioneer and Cascades seem to have got stuck over the past week.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Link to discussion threads for all 2013 World Class corps

Edited by N.E. Brigand

Nobody seems to have posted the actual scores yet:

World Class

1. 94.500 -- Blue Devils

2. 90.800 -- Bluecoats

3. 81.200 -- Colts

4. 79.150 -- Pacific Crest

5. 77.950 -- Mandarins

6. 68.850 -- Pioneer

7. 68.250 -- Cascades

Open Class

1. 89.7450 -- Blue Devils B

Recaps

Pioneer and Cascades seem to have got stuck over the past week.

BDB scored an 87.45

• Like 1