Tour of Champions Chester- Official Thread 7/30

Blue Devils:

Probably my favorite BD show of the last several years. The horn sound is absurdly tight, very bright and crisp. The snares are also outstanding, though the quads are a bit loose. I didn't ever hear the bass drums in a feature moment, so I can't comment on them. The front ensemble likewise is almost never featured prominently.

I get the show. There are a ton of EXTREMELY subtle details; the show is about fairy tales, and there is always exactly one guard member who conveys each tale. In this regard, I think the show is very well designed; however, from a more global perspective, I don't ever get a solid idea of what the corps is doing; if I didn't notice the guard soloists, I would never know what the corp was trying to say.

The K-pop segment is about as good as it can be; having said that, I still don't like it. I understand it completely, I just think that something better could have gone there instead.

I stand by my previous post about BD: They do extremely difficult music, and they do extremely difficult visuals, but rarely or never at the same time. Refer to my previous post about BD for more elaboration.

Edited by pudding
  • Like 5

I got a bunch of pics of the new units for y'all

• Like 2

I got a bunch of pics of the new units for y'all

Yaaaay!