Theater versus Home Viewing Thursday

Will DCI Live feed be the same as Big Loud & Live?

No.

I called DCI HQ, and they told me that they'll be no commentary ( ala Rondo, Dennis, et al ) in the LIve Stream Subscription Service format, that the Cinema broadcast will provide. The Cinema picks up from the 15th Quarterfinals performance order Corps ... however, the subscription Live feed service gets them all,... which starts earlier.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

CROSS THIS SENTENCE OUT and why doesn't the cross-out key work anymore at least on Firefox?: [No, DCI Live cuts out after Spirit of Atlanta, and you have to go to Big Loud & Live (or look for a Periscoper) to see the rest.]

EDIT: I thought I read the above idea in another thread, but if BRASSO called DCI, I bow to his research.

Edited by Peel Paint

The DCI Live web site says "*Prelims webcast includes only the first 25 competing corps prior to the start of the Big, Loud & Live cinema event in movie theaters nationwide"

Based on this statement, I do not think you get ANY of the top 15 via DCI Live on Thursday.

CROSS THIS SENTENCE OUT [No, DCI Live cuts out after Spirit of Atlanta, and you have to go to Big Loud & Live (or look for a Periscoper) to see the rest.]

I thought I read the above in another thread, but if Brasso called DCI, I bow to his research.

I was just about to respond, in protest!

I trust Mr. Brasso, but I would have trusted you as well, so is there some third confirmation?

+++

Edit: I am a post behind all the time. Is it is confirmed, no top 12 home broadcast of semi's?

I just checked the DCI Live! site, and I didn't see the announcement ^^^ as stated just upstream, but all that means is DCI didn't display it very prominently.

I am disappointed and I feel cheated, but even if I had known this the day I signed up, I would have signed up anyway. What other option is there? The closest cinema even is over two hours from where I live so I won't be attending no matter what, so the lack of a Q's broadcast is not a deal breaker for the package. I just wish they had been more clear from the beginning.

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

The DCI Live web site says "*Prelims webcast includes only the first 25 competing corps prior to the start of the Big, Loud & Live cinema event in movie theaters nationwide"

Based on this statement, I do not think you get ANY of the top 15 via DCI Live on Thursday.

See post #2.

It's possible BRASSO reported correctly what DCI told him, but they blew it. Based on customer service I've had this year from the DCI office, sorry to say, I would not be surprised if that were the case. The DCI website is probably correct.

Hmmn... interesting point. I had only asked DCI HQ the question on the commentary, and just assumed when she said " no commentary, but you'll get the earlier Corps", that they'd be no cut off of the 15 onward with the live stream. But this press release seems to squelch that assumption. Thanks.