Corp pages-Cadets win by..ALOT

2 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

No. Lots of staff changes 

And lots of long-term Cadets staff that were part of them.  This is a critical year for Cadets to a lot of people, and that makes for a lot of discussion.

• Like 1

Cadets, specifically George Hopkins, are controversial and very verbal. They invite arguments and differences of opinion. Cadets, like them or not, are very open about what they are doing, and that is a strategy that no other corps really uses.

I hate to say it, but also, Cadets have long been a heavyweight in the activity and are slipping of late. That brings out the critics. And, frankly, a lot of their program decisions have not been all that popular or successful. They're sort of the Dallas Cowboys of DCI. Everyone either loves or hates them, but regardless, they're always in the news, in part because their owner is always loud and controversial.

Cadets also are one of the corps that has been there from the beginning and has always pursued leadership in the activity in general. 

• Like 9

1 minute ago, Tenoris4Jazz said:

And lots of long-term Cadets staff that were part of them.  This is a critical year for Cadets to a lot of people, and that makes for a lot of discussion.

I dig the new unis. Didn't think I would based on the critique but seeing it recently I like them. Really hope they do well this year.

• Like 1

this happens every year. There are a good amount of dedicated cadets fans/alums on dcp and they like to discuss the cadets, a lot. There is always drama too, whether its staff turnover or hopkins saying something on social media. Cadets aren't a boring corps to follow. 

• Like 3