The Legends REALLY Need Our Help!!!

6 minutes ago, Stu said:

The promise to the kids was not a truncated tour, the promise was a full tour to Finals; this is the same thing that caused the demise of the recent VK; if they knew they could not fulfill that promise they should have stayed home.

Again, this is like me deciding not to produce show X, with its many more actors and musicians than I have in a typical show, because I can't guarantee, months out, that the show will sell enough tickets to pay for half the costs (most non-profit theaters get approximately half their support from donations)--even though all indications are that it's a show that will appeal to a very large audience.

Edited by N.E. Brigand

6 minutes ago, Brian Tuma said:

Please stop with the hyperbole. Thousands of corps every week?

You do bring up salient points but I feel you undermine your message with the excessive hyperbole. 

Sorry, that was a rushed typo on my part.  There were thousands of corps which have existed over the years with some of them dissolving and some others starting every week.  Thank you for pointing that out!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

In other words, Stu's corps pretty much will never see the field as their tour will be cancelled every year. Best case scenario they get one short tour in.

Ok enough really. I don't think that is the point. 

There is some financial irresponsibility here. Stu has pointed it out. I can't believe I will say this but I agree with him. 

The good thing is that the Legends are at home now. The bad thing is they are mismanaged. I would not have gone out on tour in the condition I take from that video. 

They sound like  or should I say in my opinion they were rolling the dice on cash flow. 

Maybe back in the day they could float a check or two. Put off the credit cards or debt. But in today's world that become much more of a circle the drain move because info moves so fast. 

I went to donate. I feel good and bad about it. Because they are at home / not stranded somewhere but I really want them to continue. Conflicted feelings on this. 

Edited by E3D
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

In other words, Stu's corps pretty much will never see the field as their tour will be cancelled every year. Best case scenario they get one short tour in.

See the way the Academy runs; they even took a hiatus mid season a few years back to stay in the black (which likely caused them a top 12 spot).  Mark Richardson is someone to study on how to start, run, and manage a corps.

6 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Does Legends really have an annual budget of only $111,000?

Maybe, maybe not, but if they need $100,000 in 24 hours they are in deep, deep, doo-doo.

Edited by Stu

1 minute ago, E3D said:

Ok enough really. I don't think that is the point. 

There is some financial irresponsibility here. Stu has pointed it out. I can't believe I will say this but I agree with him. 

The good thing is that the Legends are at home now. The bad thing is they are mismanaged. I would not have gone out on tour in the condition I take from that video. 

They sound like  or should I say in my opinion they were rolling the dice on cash flow. 

Maybe back in the day they could float a check or two. Put off the credit cards or debt. But in today's world that become much more of a circle the drain move because info moves so fast. 

It's the point he made. I'm just pointing out that 95% of the corps out there now wouldn't be on tour right now under that model.

I agree that waiting until the last 24 hours before begging for $100K is irresponsible. Unless you have been involved in the day-to-day operations of the corps, there's no proof of whether getting to this point was the cause of other irresponsible actions, bad luck, or a combination of those and other factors, and to play Captain Hindsight without knowing all the details is in no way, shape, or form constructive.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stu said:

See the way the Academy runs; they even took a hiatus mid season a few years back to stay in the black (which likely caused them a top 12 spot).  Mark Richardson is someone to study on how to start, run, and manage a corps.

But going by what you said, The Academy shouldn't have toured at all that year. I agree Mark Richardson is a fantastic director, but what Academy did and what you've been saying are two different things.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, N.E. Brigand said:

Again, this is like me deciding not to produce show X, with its many more actors and musicians than I have in a typical show, because I can't guarantee, months out, that the show will sell enough tickets to pay for half the costs (most non-profit theaters get approximately half their support from donations)--even though all indications are that it's a show that will appeal to a very large audience.

And shows out on the road where an organization is responsibility of providing youth with food, water, transportation, housing, medical, etc...must be, need to be, have to be, canceled beforehand if funding does not materialize prior to going out on the road even on a first tour!