The Masters of the Summer Music Games - Nashville, TN - July 28th

3 minutes ago, trumpetcam said:

Agreed. If SCV brass tightens in just a bit more and BD gets 3rd or 4th in ensemble, we could have a 2008 all over again. 

Yeah but they also need to hope for a Jay Kennedy on the panel to dump BD like he did in Mus Anal tonight.  BD is scoring well in just about every caption.   SCV needs a big gap in Percussion and create some breathing room in GE since those scores don't divide.  

Edited by DCImonkey
bad speller
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DCImonkey said:

Why not?   Did they not like the revenue, or the fact that they actually put MTSU on the map since nobody has ever heard of the place?  

MTSU is the has the largest population of any university in the state..

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Narrow said:

Their visual program is holding them back sadly. Their music is phenomenal imo, glad they were over Cadets and Phantom in that regard tonight.

Do you think it's that they're dirty? Too much choreo that it's hard to read as a whole? I know the guard work has had talks recently of being a bit condensed, and not really up to par with other corps which is understandable. Everything else... debatable. Because to me, they're doing so much visually constantly. I'm not the biggest fan of choreo, but I'll give credit where credits due and they do it extremely well. I just... blah. Dunno. Good job anyway BK. 

Just now, DCImonkey said:

Yeah but they also need to hope for a Jay Kennedy on the panel to dump BD like he did is Mus Anal tonight.  BD is scoring well in just about every caption.   SCV needs a big gap in Percussion and create some breathing room in GE since those scores don't divide.  

Yeah I'm a little confused about that Music Analysis score since I'm pretty sure BD's been scoring 1 or 2 all season 

oh well, I'm not one to complain about specific judges. We'll see how things work out at the regional and beyond! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DCImonkey said:

Why not?   Did they not like the revenue, or the fact that they actually put MTSU on the map since nobody has ever heard of the place?  

They had quite the good basketball team that knocked out Michigan State from the tournament two years ago :) 

(and boy, do I hate Michigan state's basketball team)

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

Just now, Cappybara said:

Yeah I'm a little confused about that Music Analysis score since I'm pretty sure BD's been scoring 1 or 2 all season 

oh well, I'm not one to complain about specific judges. We'll see how things work out at the regional and beyond! ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Jay looked over at the Brass scores and said...."OH NO YOU DIDN'T!"   Watch this....  lol  

• Like 3

Just now, DCImonkey said:

According to my dean, who marched Bloo, DCI had too many riders in the contract and the school and TBR didn't want to deal with them. 

MTSU doesn't need the $$$. They're the largest uni in the state and still growing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cappybara said:

They've actually been in 3rd for the last few shows against SCV and Crown. The bass synth is half of the problem, it's deafeningly loud. 

• Like 4

Just now, phd-student-TTU said:

According to my dean, who marched Bloo, DCI had too many riders in the contract and the school and TBR didn't want to deal with them. 

MTSU doesn't need the $$$. They're the largest uni in the state and still growing. 

That's too bad.....I loved that stadium.  

• Like 2

Just now, Cappybara said:

You are better than me. 

I am ###### at Jay Kennedy