Cadets 2018

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Just to make it official, I'm no longer donating or rooting for the Cadets. Hopefully some season down the road that will change

I'm highly unimpressed by the decisions being made. I'll take my support and cheers elsewhere until Hopkins is replaced. 

Obviously I hope the members have a great season - but I just won't be around to support it either online or via donations.

Many others feel the same, Cadets are being destroyed by one individual with (in my view) a God complex.

George.

Trust me it’s allot easier than you think. 

• Like 2

I like the Shane add although I note that Cadets are the second unit he has recently signed with according to recent press releases I read.

Little noted in this thread is that evidently the Omar rumors were wrong. That Joe Heininger is back too. With Matt Filosa, Tom, Bobby Jones, Joe, and Shane there might just be some even wilder ideas than what was seen last season. I love Drew as a friend, but he's cerebral.. 

I don't know why there has been all the doomsday breast beating as if OtWf is the only good piece of music LB wrote or that would fit the Cadets.

Yes, there is the George and Kristy thing. yuk.  And there still is GH.  (I stopped giving except to mms a decade ago.) 

Edited by xandandl

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

I can't go through another Hopkins inspired stretch where now the "choir" is the answer 

Last time it was voice and we as fans suffered through 2006, a lost championship in 2007, 2008

Can't take it. The show last summer (even with the young corps) was dumped on with late season "additions" by Hop - "can I get an amen" "mass has ended go in peace" the gospel "singing" etc... naked Jesus, the tarp with the jackets -- and very little time spent on cleaning the show. The resources poured into that should have resulted in much more come finals. 

Can't take it anymore. Sorry! It's terrible. Girlfriend hired as guard caption head and 7th and 8th and STILL HAS  A JOB?? Ridiculous

Clearly the BOD has zero power. 

If you change nothing nothing’s going to change. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

Trust me it’s allot easier than you think. 

Speak for yourself.  I cried for a year.  I was wounded.  But I’m ok now and I wish them the best. The kids are great.  But there are some toxic people around that group. 

Edited by Terri Schehr
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Terri Schehr said:

Speak for yourself.  I cried for a year.  I was wounded.  But I’m ok now and I wish them the best. The kids are great.  But there are some toxic people around that group. 

I apologize if anyone, no matter who they are, hurt you while they supposedly represented the Cadets. That's not the Holy Name way.

Ever since the corps office was kidnapped to Pennsylvania by a Pennsylvanian, I have always thought the toxicity that appeared had something to do with the nearby steel industry run-offs getting into the drinking water.there in Allentown. No one has proven me wrong on that.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

I can't go through another Hopkins inspired stretch where now the "choir" is the answer 

Last time it was voice and we as fans suffered through 2006, a lost championship in 2007, 2008

Can't take it. The show last summer (even with the young corps) was dumped on with late season "additions" by Hop - "can I get an amen" "mass has ended go in peace" the gospel "singing" etc... naked Jesus, the tarp with the jackets -- and very little time spent on cleaning the show. The resources poured into that should have resulted in much more come finals. 

Can't take it anymore. Sorry! It's terrible. Girlfriend hired as guard caption head and 7th and 8th and STILL HAS  A JOB?? Ridiculous

Clearly the BOD has zero power. 

I agree with most of what you say but in all fairness to Kristy and the guard, those kids were very talented.  Their issue was staging mostly and some design choices.  Most of that was not Kristy or her staff.  Their hands were tied is my guess.  So from where I stood, the guard staff did their job.  The kids were good and pretty clean.  The rest, was not their responsibility.  IMO.

Also, I am hoping that even though they advertised for a choir, that this new Shane guy will not want to use it and it will get pulled.  From what I have heard from my MCM friends, he is uber talented and will not take any gruff from GH.  He will want to do the job he is hired for and if he can't, he won't stay.  My hope is that he gets to do his job and GH stays out of it.

One can dream right?.....................

2 minutes ago, xandandl said:

I apologize if anyone, no matter who they are, hurt you while they supposedly represented the Cadets. That's not the Holy Name way.

Ever since the corps office was kidnapped to Pennsylvania by a Pennsylvanian, I have always thought the toxicity that appeared had something to do with the nearby steel industry run-offs getting into the drinking water.there in Allentown. No one has proven me wrong on that.

Thank you.  It’s a long story, and it was really Jim who was disrespected, but I was hurt, too.  I’d gotten close to members and volunteers there.  It was tough.  

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Just to make it official, I'm no longer donating or rooting for the Cadets. Hopefully some season down the road that will change

I'm highly unimpressed by the decisions being made. I'll take my support and cheers elsewhere until Hopkins is replaced. 

Obviously I hope the members have a great season - but I just won't be around to support it either online or via donations.

Many others feel the same, Cadets are being destroyed by one individual with (in my view) a God complex.

George.

Image result for photo of Bolt the runner at Czech press conference

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Our seats were next to the Chairman of The Cadets Board of Directors in LaCrosse WI. Told him why we no longer donate or support the Cadets. He was disinterested and never offered an apology on behalf of the conduct unbecoming of one of their Hall of Fame members. He validated our decision to walk away from The Cadets forever. Very toxic arrogant bunch. 

11 minutes ago, Jim Schehr said:

Our seats were next to the Chairman of The Cadets Board of Directors in LaCrosse WI. Told him why we no longer donate or support the Cadets. He was disinterested and never offered an apology on behalf of the conduct unbecoming of one of their Hall of Fame members. He validated our decision to walk away from The Cadets forever. Very toxic arrogant bunch. 

I never met the man. Like most on the Board, appointees GH brought it.

If it is who I think it was, he's been some exec in Minneapolis area which is probably why he was at the LaCrosse show.

Except for a few token alums, most in the Cadets family have no idea of the names let alone personalities or faces of Cadets (I mean Yea's) BoD.

Apologies again. None of that should have happened.

Edited by xandandl