Staff Merry-go-round 2018 Edition

SAFE SPACE SURVEY:  To get a sense of the volatility of the activity, who has spoken to any staff members who plan not to return to their same corps next summer?  No names, corps, captions, motivation, or other details (as sad as it will make us all).  Remember, it only counts if you know them personally and they told you themselves.

Suggested format:  Number of staff members bailing, 2017 TOC corps or not.

I'll get the ball rolling:  2 staff members have told me they are quitting their summer gig, both from 2017 TOC corps.

Disclaimer: No, I won't tell you who they are in PM.  You shouldn't tell either unless you want to.  

15 minutes ago, HbRJgdZHsbc said:

SAFE SPACE SURVEY:  To get a sense of the volatility of the activity, who has spoken to any staff members who plan not to return to their same corps next summer?  No names, corps, captions, motivation, or other details (as sad as it will make us all).  Remember, it only counts if you know them personally and they told you themselves.

Suggested format:  Number of staff members bailing, 2017 TOC corps or not.

I'll get the ball rolling:  2 staff members have told me they are quitting their summer gig, both from 2017 TOC corps.

Disclaimer: No, I won't tell you who they are in PM.  You shouldn't tell either unless you want to.  

Not a good idea. I know people and would never displace their trust.Sorry, nothing coming from me.

Unless it comes from the source. It is just a rumor.

Leave it to the person or corps to announce. Not a my , cousins friend of my brothers best friend said.

It is called respect to the individual.

No offense, but the last line you said sums it up. How do I know them personally. I do not know you personally. I know you mean well. Just a bad idea.

How would you like it if in your job, someone knew you were leaving and sent an email to your company about it? and coworkers.

I am not criticizing you. I just think the way you are trying to go about it makes it seems you just want gossip.

Edited by oldcadetsop
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, oldcadetsop said:

Not a good idea. Thanks for your thoughts.

I know people and would never displace their trust. Sorry, nothing coming from me. Well, you answered the survey anyway, so thanks for participating.

Unless it comes from the source. It is just a rumor. I agree.  This is covered in the post.

Leave it to the person or corps to announce. Well, the people I know did the announcing.  They retain their choice of anonymity to others still, but this is a survey of volume not identities.

Not a my , cousins friend of my brothers best friend said. I don't know where you read that sort of statement.  Sounds dubious, though.

It is called respect to the individual. Thanks for your thoughts.

6 hours ago, barigirl78 said:

Yes, we will.

and then we'll see tears by November...well ok, October:whistle:

4 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Let's pretend that I buy that for a second: what's the point of the subtlety that they apparently have if it gets lost in the rest of the obtuse design?

Considering the Cadets productions in the past decade (and I did a breakdown about this about a month ago), I maintain that they simply don't have it in their design vocab; atleast relative to almost every other finalist corps 

i think they has too letters too many

5 minutes ago, HbRJgdZHsbc said:

:14_relaxed: Do not take my response the wrong way. I just know of way to many circumstances where leaks happen and are not true and hurts the individuals career.

I understand you have good purpose. IMHO, I just think it is not a good idea here.

Just my thoughts. Wish you well but I do not think you are going to get the response you are looking for.

3 hours ago, Usually Mistified said:

1099'S have nothing to do with unreported income, e.g., kickbacks, bribes, trips, use of vacation homes, or other enrichment, that would be considered income.

anyone dumb enough to try that in todays day and age deserves all they get, and trust me, there'd be explosions

• Like 2

Thank you for actually talking about staff changes in a post that should have been titled "Rumors & discussion of 3 different corps'. Oh...and Boston doesn't rehearse in Boston - all their camps are in Tampa, FL.  This would mean comparing them to a sports team, would require use of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers instead of the Boston Red Sox....er....um...oh dear.  :sarcasm:

Love you guys!!  

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

anyone dumb enough to try that in todays day and age deserves all they get, and trust me, there'd be explosions

8 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

Exactly. As much as we all tend to despise the IRS, they do their job. Stop illegal activities etc.

AS Jeff said, If it was found that "those" activities were happening. You would see a steamroll of every drum corps by the IRS.

Edited by oldcadetsop