Favorite City for DCA Championships, and Why?

Favorite city for DCA championships, and why?  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Of the cities in which DCA championships have been held, which is your favorite?

• Milford, CT ('65)
    • Bridgeport, CT ('66-67)
    • Rochester, NY ('68-71, 73-76, 96, 06-11, 14-17)
    • Jersey City, NJ ('72)
    • Allentown, PA ('77-78, 82-87, 89-90, 97-99)
    • Hershey, PA ('79-80, 88)
    • Philadelphia, PA ('81)
    • Scranton, PA ('91-95, 02-05)
    • Syracuse, NY ('00-01)
    • Annapolis, MD ('12-13)

I still remember that the food stand at DSU ran out of chow, even after they'd been warned you will have x thousand starving kids in the bands and x thousand family/spectators that are also hungry. The actual stadium was very nice, though there were parking issues, and nearby US 13 traffic noise could interfere at times with the event.

The thing is, Jeff... and this is the loaded question-- at least 6 member corps had to say in effect, "Yes, this is a more than acceptable venue." Why? :satisfied:

Was it all about the cost and convenience? I don't know. That's beyond my pay grade. I'd think people brought up and had to think hard about what I've been thinking within the member corps, though. If they didn't.... :blink:

On 10/26/2017 at 5:09 AM, BigW said:

In terms of what most people want now, Annapolis is just better in terms of the clean stadium, all the nice amenities. Performers also want a place that they feel respects the fact they're performing for a Championship title.

Perhaps some would like a place that didn't sound as "little league" as in World Little League Baseball Championship in Williamsport.  :unsure:    Or perhaps if we want "big league", we should look at Cooperstown NY.  :cheer:  

Actually I was with the Westshoremen when we performed at one of the LLWS games in '82 and '83. Great crowd, actually, and we had a lot of fun taking the field with the Phantic raising Cain amongst us as we performed. It's a pretty big deal with people coming from all over the world. People seem to like having the event there- it could be tradition, unknown why.

On ‎10‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 11:22 AM, Bob P. said:

Perhaps some would like a place that didn't sound as "little league" as in World Little League Baseball Championship in Williamsport.  :unsure:    Or perhaps if we want "big league", we should look at Cooperstown NY.  :cheer:  

Hmmm ... if you're going that far, why not try out the Pro Football HOF in Canton?

:-)

1280px-Tom_Benson_HOF_Stadium-July2017.j

5 hours ago, ajlisko said:

Hmmm ... if you're going that far, why not try out the Pro Football HOF in Canton?

:-)

1280px-Tom_Benson_HOF_Stadium-July2017.j

Great idea - I just wanted somewhere closer to home and had the air of a championship city (tongue firmly in cheek)

On 10/27/2017 at 4:53 PM, BigW said:

I still remember that the food stand at DSU ran out of chow, even after they'd been warned you will have x thousand starving kids in the bands and x thousand family/spectators that are also hungry. The actual stadium was very nice, though there were parking issues, and nearby US 13 traffic noise could interfere at times with the event.

The thing is, Jeff... and this is the loaded question-- at least 6 member corps had to say in effect, "Yes, this is a more than acceptable venue." Why? :satisfied:

Was it all about the cost and convenience? I don't know. That's beyond my pay grade. I'd think people brought up and had to think hard about what I've been thinking within the member corps, though. If they didn't.... :blink:

$$$$$$$$$$$$$ or lack thereof to go there.