Keep the Amps out of drum corps, part dos

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/noamps/petition.html

given the increased furor over amplification, and even moreso the amplified voice currently approved in DCI, It has come time to increase the efforts to try and get this removed, or at least get the attention of the DCI Board of Directors to let them know how many fans dislike it.

why another one?

easy. A lot of new faces on DCP and RAMD as well as more and more fans who do not post online but talk to friends expressing their dislike of this rules change.

Last year we did great, we had over 3400 signatures between live and online. This year, we need more. We need i would say between 6000 and 10,000 to really capture their attention.

Please sign the petition, send the link to all of your friends and family...anyone you know who dislikes amplification, be it pit and voice, or just voice. The more voices that speak up, the more that those voices will be heard.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the "corps" is back together B)

Grrr.... I signed it last time, but I'm having trouble this time. If it were against vocal amplification and electronics, I'd sign it in a heartbeat, but I have no problem with just "amps" right now. I'll think about it.....

EDIT:

OK after giving it some thought... I wouldn't be sad without amps....but i'd be overjoyed without vocals....I'll sign.

Edited by DCImonkey

strike up the...err...band

:P

Grrr.... I signed it last time, but I'm having trouble this time.  If it were against vocal amplification and electronics, I'd sign it in a heartbeat, but I have no problem with just "amps" right now.  I'll think about it.....

A lot of the focus is specifically on vocal narration this time around.

Thanks for the consideration :)

Wow. If it were only about vocals and narration, I would probably sign it. That said, do you think there's any way you'll get to present this to the BOD again...is that even a goal of yours? Good luck, anyway. :)

What "increased furor"?

I see far less than last year's hysteria here in DCP.

Mike

Exactly. I'm in favor of AMPS (don't start a flamewar here.....I have an opinion, sorry). I might have signed last year but when someone approached me in Denver to sign I said I was still puzzled. The guy responded that when I wouldn't sign I would be in favor of killing drumcorps. I thought that was extremely rude and have not signed. I guess the whole campaign should be less agressive. It is OK to state your opinion on a matter like this. I understand people do not like AMPS. I don't have a problem with it, not even the singing. The only thing that bothers me is the quality of it, not too good, but that might be a matter of time.

All I'm trying to say is......do go on with your campaign if you want to. The only thing is dislike is the agressiveness of some people. They find a way to turn every discussion in an AMPS discussion. People against AMPS are very vocal, people in favor are not......

The only reason why I skip posts in this forum is because someone changes the whole thing to bash AMPS and the corps that use them. If we could stop that, the whole campaign might be even more succesfull.

Just my opinion.

Grrr.... I signed it last time, but I'm having trouble this time.  If it were against vocal amplification and electronics, I'd sign it in a heartbeat, but I have no problem with just "amps" right now.  I'll think about it.....

EDIT:

OK after giving it some thought... I wouldn't be sad without amps....but i'd be overjoyed without vocals....I'll sign.

the emphasis this time in on narration and singing. we left amps themselves in as a minor point for those who hate even their existence.

again, if you hate narration or amped vocals, that is the emphasis of this petition.

if you actually read it all, you'd see that.

http://www.petitiononline.com/noamps/petition.html