A world title to northeast Ohio

Championship-hungry northeast Ohio  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who will bring northeast Ohio their first World Championship since 1996?

• Cleveland Browns (National Football League)
    • Cleveland Indians (Major League Baseball)
    • Cleveland Cavaliers (National Basketball Association)
    • Canton Bluecoats (Drum Corps International)

I started a similar thread back in the winter or so, with a similar poll. But since the Bluecoats just beat the Cavaliers and Blue Devils in the same night, I'm going to ask it again: Which Northeast Ohio organization will bring the area their first championship since 1966 (yes, the poll says 1996, sorry)?

The Browns won the NFL Championship in 1966, a few years before the Super Bowl was invented. "The Drive" and "The Fumble" have kept them from getting there, they didn't have a team for 3 years, and now they just stink.

The Indians were, what, 1 out away from winning the World Series in 1997? Then the Marlins came back and that was that. They're in first place right now, but don't worry, the Tigers won't let them stay there for long. :)

The Cavaliers have never won anything, but they have Lebron James, and they should be even better next year after having gone to the NBA finals this year (even though they got smoked by the Spurs)

The Bluecoats have never won DCI, but for the past few years they've been ascending a place or two at Finals each year. Is this the year they bust through the "brass ceiling"?

Edited by madscout96

I'm gonna go with the 'Coats on this one. The Browns and the Indians are out for...well, obvious reasons. The Cavaliers (heh, how 'bout that) are close, but until they become a five man team instead of "The Lebron James Show", they're not going to get there.

The 'Coats, though, they seem like they're the real thing. It may not come this year, it may not come next year, but I can see this corps bringing home a championship flag in the very near future.

Cavaliers should get there in about 2-3 years. Bluecoats in about the same length of time. Coinflip...

Sure as hell won't be the Browns as long as the Steelers are in the same division as them. Get ready to kiss your winning record against them goodbye very soon. :)

Edited by dciguy01

Cavaliers. sorry Bloo... you'll get there.

~>conner

Its going to be Bloo. James is a great player....but one great player does not a title holder make.

Of course it will be the Bluecoats...as much of a Cleveland (insert team name here) fan as I am, I must admit that our sports teams are at a loss for the necessary talent. The 'Coats, however, can do it this year, and I am betting they will. It is probably also because this would be my age-out year, and God can be cruel like that...

Edited by phido06

Firstoff, I freaking LOVE this topic.

I chose Bluecoats, but only because drum corps season comes before next NBA season. ;)

And for anyone who said the Cavaliers are just "The LeBron Show," watch a freaking game. Just because he's the name you hear in the media, doesn't mean he IS the team.

James is an under-utilized player considering his talent. He's used as essentially a point forward, thanks to Mike Brown's idiocy and not knowing how to run an offensive game.

Watch Z, Gooden, Varejao and (late-season, after Mike Brown WOKE UP) Gibson.

Ain't no #### one-man show.

Oh, and don't watch Larry Hugues. We need to cut that embarrassment.

*ahem*

Go Blue.

Bluecoats, because they're NOT from Cleveland and therefore not subject to the Cleveland Sports Curse.

Brandon, I'd peg you, at least, as a Spurs fan and would figure you'd have seen Cleveland play. I'll go on the record that's been started here and say that the Cavs are CLEARLY not a one-man operation. I always thought that they were before I actually started WATCHING the games this summer.

Back to topiiiiiiiiic...Go Blue.