Michigan City, IN

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With that draw I would be surprised if Cavies don't win. There is a huge time gap between the two top corps to the Cavies advantage. However, you never know.

yeah i was thinking the same thing- i think its going to be close, and if the positions were reversed i'd say the smart money was on the bluecoats, but with this draw i'm a little more hesitant to call it- lets just say a win for the bluecoats at this show will really proove a lot-

Pioneer by 3.

If I'm right...someone owes me a cookie.

Some shows have different criteria than others for choosing performance order, but I do know that some venues are making a concerted effort to "spread the wealth" so to speak.

Whereas, unfortunately, if the performance order was Pioneer, Colts, Blue Stars, Glassmen, Bluecoats, and The Cavaliers there would be good amount of people who only care to show up for Bluecoats and The Cavaliers, by spreading them out where one "top-tier" corps is near the beginning and one near the end of the show, then you'll likely get more butts in the seats early that will stay there to the end.

Thanks for explaining.

Actually, draws like this in my opinion will help Pioneer. It will give them a better read on where their show stands compared to the top corps in Division I. It's hard to get an accurate score going on right after the Division II/III corps. I can recall times where Pioneer has gone on later in a show and actually had their score go up from previous contests. On the flip side, it can really expose some of the weaknesses in the show and lead to a lower score than expected. In any event, it's always more fun to play to a larger crowd.

While a line-up such as this may not be quite as exciting for fans, in that it doesn't provide the usual buildup in anticipation towards the better corps in the last couple of slots, I find it far fairer to the corps themselves. Why should Pioneer go on first night after night and play to half-empty stands? Those kids deserve to be "in the thick of things" once in a while. Likewise, the perceived advantage of going on later in the show shouldn't always be reserved for one or two corps. I, for one, like this kind of schedule.

It also gives some of the top tier corps the opportunity to see some other corps perform their show live that they might not otherwise have the chance to see.

Good luck to the Cavies tonight and everyone else. They have had several days to practice and refine, anxious to see what they do tonight.

Looking forward to how the Blue Stars' new ending goes over. Colts, Blue Stars and Glassmen have all been off for a few days. It will be fun to see how the scores change relative to the corps that have been performing the last few nights.