DCA CURRENT STANDINGS

Hey guys lets be realistic. How can anyone rank these units without even any real meetings?????

You can not look at raw scores and make a determination. Especially regarding CA.!!! The events there may have been with DCA sheets/scoring but the judges were DCI. May all be great judges, but 1) are not that familiar with DCA standards, 2) not familiar with DCA corps (nationally), 3) not "trained" in the DCA philosophy, need anyone go on from there????

Same goes for Minn Brass, they have had sporatic exposure to any of the DCA judges, most appearances are again DCI guys, using the DCA sheets, but not enough of a panel to make a determination.

Lets wait till after Dublin to make some comparisons. As for the CA corps, Labor Day is comming.

Actually, I believe DCA judges DID go out to California for the latest show....so those scores are closer to being accurate.

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, I believe DCA judges DID go out to California for the latest show....so those scores are closer to being accurate.

agreed, certainly better than trying to compare scores when these corps were getting judged on DII sheets,...........not perfect, but much, much better!

Survey says....... X

No it was DCI judges on DCA sheets with a DCA rep being present to make the show a sanctioned DCA show.

Once again..............

agreed, certainly better than trying to compare scores when these corps were getting judged on DII sheets,...........not perfect, but much, much better!

Exactly.

Dude, the DCA judge who was there to sanction the show did not write down a single score on a piece of paper.

Step away from the computer. ^0^

During the first weekend of shows, we actually had a DCA Judge on the music panel.

Walnut and Riverside.

Same judge was on the prelims panel for DCA last year.

oh GOD I love comparing numbers seven states and a thousand miles away, and slates, and judging criteria, and . . .and ordinals, and . . . and . . . :satisfied: as if anybody thinks it means anything until Labor Day.

Have fun and play loud, people, that's what we're here for! The rest of it is just useless trivia!

I feel better now B)

Dude, the DCA judge who was there to sanction the show did not write down a single score on a piece of paper.

Well...it's a step in the right direction....far better than Div II/III sheets.

I seem to recall scores from last year being somewhat more accurate re DCA than in previous years on DCI sheets.

Just step back, turn around and walk away shaking your head...

Is it me or is he just... :satisfied: