HOW SAD!

Just think after tonight there will not be another Div. I Drum and Bugle Corps show on the East Coast.

Thank you DCI!!

Just think of some of the great shows that extended into July and August, such as the U. S Open, World Open, CYO Nationals,

VFW Nationals, American Legion Nationals.

We could even extend the Circuit Championships. NY/NJ Champions, NJ/Penn Champions, Eastern Mass. Champions, Boston CYO Champions, Mayflowers Champions, and all the Circuit Championships in Conn. and the midwest into early Sept. I remember marching in a show in October, yes that is right, October!!

I hope everyone is happy about paying excessive airfares to the "Left Coast", plus hotel, and car, to sit in the ROSE BOWL.

I would rather sit in the old Roosevelt Stadium on a hot August afternoon, and watch 6 of the top Juniors, and 6 of the top Seniors,

and not know who was going to win.

Now we all now the "slotting" is in place, why buy a ticket, when nothing changes.

Even though some of these shows are hundreds of miles apart, believe me, they are on the cell phones dictating. on how to keep the scores within tenths of each other.

Believe me. This is better the WWE!!!!

"Just thinking of the good old days"!!!

CODI

Buck up little soldier.

Someone's got a case of the Mondays.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just think after tonight there will not be another Div. I Drum and Bugle Corps show on the East Coast.

Thank you DCI!!

Boo hoo hoo. West coasters have had to deal with this every single year up until now. I think you can survive one year when there aren't any more DCI shows on the east coast after Allentown.

I hope everyone is happy about paying excessive airfares to the "Left Coast", plus hotel, and car, to sit in the ROSE BOWL.

This year the east coasters get to see how it feels to travel to the opposite side of the country for DCI Championships. I wish I could be there at the ROSE BOWL. I'd rather be there than Boston or Buffalo.

Now we all now the "slotting" is in place, why buy a ticket, when nothing changes.

:rolleyes: This is an asinine statement.

Even though some of these shows are hundreds of miles apart, believe me, they are on the cell phones dictating. on how to keep the scores within tenths of each other.

:rolleyes: Asinine statement #2.

I shouldn't have even wasted my time responding to this post.

Edited by THX 1138

here, here Sam! ^OO^

This original post reaks of a sense of "entitlement".....it's about time DCI made it to the Left Coast. Enjoy it....you've waited long enough.

I feel that the left coast is so long over due it's almost ridiculous! Even if you forget the amount of titles and fabulous corps are and were from the west coast, you have to consider the amount of fans that have had to trek all over the place for finals year after year after year.

For the poor members who have that long trip home year after year, I can only say that back in the mid 70s we came out to CA and I understand what 3,000 miles can be like.

I say it's about friggin time.....enjoy it!!!!!

OK...it's decided.

Everyone posting on this thread is having a case of the Mondays and I'm giving each of you a celebratory Hot Pocket!

Enjoy!

I'd prefer an ice cold Cervesa!

Thank you DCI!!

"Just thinking of the good old days"!!!

CODI

Now you know how it was for us on the west coast all those years.

Nancy