HOW SAD!

Eh? Uh, Pasadena, by way of San Diego, Big Sur, the Santa Ynez wineries and a cool poolhouse 3 miles from the Rose Bowl.

Work hard; play harder --

GeorgiaGirl

As long as you're in San Diego, head north up I-15 to Temecula. Several wineries, including Callaway, are there.

Did anyone else see the article in DCI magazine, quoting Dave Gibbs saying you could head south from Staford to the Rose Bowl and take in Wine Country on the way? In context, he didn't sound like he was talking about Central Coast wineries. How long have you lived in NorCal, Dave? :P

Thank you, CODI. I know there will be a couple more seats for me. B)

For those of you getting to drive to finals instead of flying, you made me think of driving from Huntington Beach to Dallas for finals in 1991. Nothing like driving I-10/20 for 1500 miles in a car that had no A/C. I lived at the beach; who needed A/C? :unsure:

The other time I drove to finals was Birmingham 1979. That was in the VK equipment truck. Come to think of it, that POS didn't have A/C either! :doh::doh:

Garry in Vegas

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first time I won't have to fly to the Championships. :unsure:

I'll be driving, as per MapQuest (Nor. California to So. Cal) Total Est. Time: 5 hours, 30 minutes

Total Est. Distance: 360 miles

and not even leave the state.

If I take our beautiful Coast Highway 101 down, it may take a little longer... B)

color]

Take beautiful CA-1 and it will take a lot longer, but it's even better!

Garry in Vegas

Just think after tonight there will not be another Div. I Drum and Bugle Corps show on the East Coast.

Thank you DCI!!

Just think of some of the great shows that extended into July and August, such as the U. S Open, World Open, CYO Nationals,

VFW Nationals, American Legion Nationals.

"Just thinking of the good old days"!!!

CODI

Dude, give DCA a try. I think you'll find some quality drum corps worthy of your attention within just a few hours of home.

I'd wait a few weeks till withdrawal is setting in.

Or call Amtrak and see what they would charge to get you to Chicago for the Cavies home show in suburban Naperville on July 27 for one last dose of DI drum corps. It's not game over yet.

Stop whining like a baby.

There are shows in New London, Ct this Saturday and Wildwood, NJ next Saturday. Any history associated with those locations?

Neutral Novice:

"MAN", I don't know what your problem is? I would rather spend $ 850.00 per person and fly to Punta Cana, D. R. and be waited on like I was a king, and enjoy all the comforts of a 5 star Hotel. By the way this includes airfare, hotel, and all the food and liquor for the week. You don't open your wallet once you get there.

I hope you all enjoy the freeways of Southern Calif, and the high cost of gas and rental of a car, as I sit and relax, and enjoy the glorious beaches of the D.R.

and you sit in traffic!!

By the way "Man" went out in the 60's when there were "hippie coffee shops" in Harvard Square in Cambridge, and everyone was against the war in Vietnam, I guess some things never change because here we are 40 yeers later, and some great young kids are losing there life over gas that is $3.00 a gallon.

Think about it, there is more to life, than Chicago beating Garfield, or SCV beating BD's.

"Just thinking of the good old days1"

CODI

I'm not sure who CODI is but I think he might know who I am (see profile for clue).

I have been privileged to stand shoulder to shoulder with original Princemen. The men I know and knew understood the pursuit of excellence.

From the influence of the California Dons on the Caballeros uniform to the echo of the Troopers and Jim Jones, the western tradition in our activity is undeniable. But CODI and others hearken back to a day when the northeast was "it".

I do not begrudge him his sentiment, I actually think it was great in that it precipitated all these great posts validating the first and probably only true west coast world championship.

I won't be making it to Pasadena, I won't have the privilege of wearing a powder blue cadet uni with AK. But I will be working the staging area of the Manchester NH show. So stop by and say hello, I'll be easy to find. I'll be the one wearing a Vanguard jacket and a Dodger cap.

WELCOME BACK CODI.

You bad boy. I see you got a new case of handgrenades...

So what's wrong with going to LA for the championships????

I make that trip twice a month. Jet Blue from Boston to Long Beach is a piece of cake.

I went to the TOC show at the Rose Bowl and it was a great take. I'm sure this year will be no different and those who go will enjoy it.

With that said, I enjoy going to the NCAA final four much more, even with CODI.

By the way, any word on our BBall tickets yet?????

Edited by ContraLou

Has anyone else noticed this CODI guy hasn't been back in awhile?

Man, they've had to call TWO Waambulances for this thread- must be serious! :P

Whaambulance only makes calls that are super serious (or super cereal, courtesy of Al Gore :P ). Obviously the seriousness of this whining requires two...

Edited by Carl306

Whaambulance only makes calls that are super serious (or super cereal, courtesy of Al Gore :P ). Obviously the seriousness of this whining requires two...

We had a recent sighting of bearmanpig here...had to get a whole brigade of whaambulances.