HOW SAD!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WELCOME BACK CODI.

You bad boy. I see you got a new case of handgrenades...

Yes, but unfortunately they were duds.

Just think after tonight there will not be another Div. I Drum and Bugle Corps show on the East Coast.

Thank you DCI!!

I hope everyone is happy about paying excessive airfares to the "Left Coast", plus hotel, and car, to sit in the ROSE BOWL.

CODI

WHAH effing whah!!!!! us left coasters go through that same thing EVERY year...you have to do it ONCE and whine your heiny off!!! build a bridge and get over it!!!!

Even though some of these shows are hundreds of miles apart, believe me, they are on the cell phones dictating. on how to keep the scores within tenths of each other.

CODI

and your proof of this is....where? oh that's right...you have no proof, only your opinion! :rolleyes:

Just think after tonight there will not be another Div. I Drum and Bugle Corps show on the East Coast.

Just think, after last night, for the first time in nearly 40 years, the West Coast will actually get to see Div I competitive late season drum corps after July 10th!

THANK YOU DCI!!!!

Seriously.. it's not sad if you live on or are from the West Coast.

Stef

Just thinking about it, I hope people to take note of attendance numbers relative to east coast shows at the same respective time in the season. And will the souvie sales numbers be different than other years? Can we quantify the west coast fans' appreciation?

Oh, and, welcome back CODI!

Edited by the_aborigine

I hope everyone is happy about paying excessive airfares to the "Left Coast", plus hotel, and car, to sit in the ROSE BOWL.

This thread made me stop lurking; and register and post for the first time.

Griping about car & hotel makes you sound like you've never traveled more than 100 miles to a show. Have you ever seen drum corps that you didn't drive to? Have you ever driven far enough for a show that you got a hotel room and drove home the next day? Have you ever flown to Finals? Doesn't sound like it. I've even gotten a hotel room to watch Finals on PBS, because my local PBS didn't carry it.

As for "excessive airfare," be glad you have so much of the activity near you, that you can experience, without hopping a plane somewhere. My family has spent thousands to travel to shows since my husband and I marched. And you're complaining because there's fewer shows to drive to, this year.

And how sad for you, that you're not going to be in LA to enjoy what my family is going to experience when we go to Finals: the Ritz Carlton Hotel, the Huntington Museum, Old Town Pasadena, the Getty Museum, shopping in Hollywood, Disneyland, THE ROSE BOWL, and going to the beach and not the shore.

It's only for a year. Get over it.

Soup used to be great back in the day, but then they added all those extra vegetables and crap. Now, it's hardly soup at all!
If you can't appreciate soup with extra vegetables, maybe you're just not smart enough to understand soup. You just hate the chefs. Hater.
To heck with you and your bloody new school soup!

Stop talking about soup. You're going to LA. You need to talk about Tommy's and the Tommy burger:

http://www.originaltommys.com/story.php

Beverly and Rampart. Be there.

Edited by NVCadet

....just thinking of the good NEW days, when musicians actually play like musicians....

I was there for part of the "good ole' days".....and they sucked. I grew up in New Hampshire in the 70s and 80s...Eastern Mass shows? Pistols going off in the middle of shows? 15 inch snare drums on slings with heads that constantly pulled out? Overblown horn lines? Sorry....you can keep all that junk.

Buy a plane ticket to finals, man up, and instead of whining, why don't you go on the road this summer and teach a top 12 corps, like I just got off the road doing....unless what you learned in the good ole' days doesn't apply anymore.

I see people complaining all over the board about the state of drum corps....how about DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT instead of being a keyboard quarterback?

sorry...rant off.

....just thinking of the good NEW days, when musicians actually play like musicians....

I was there for part of the "good ole' days".....and they sucked. I grew up in New Hampshire in the 70s and 80s...Eastern Mass shows? Pistols going off in the middle of shows? 15 inch snare drums on slings with heads that constantly pulled out? Overblown horn lines? Sorry....you can keep all that junk.

Buy a plane ticket to finals, man up, and instead of whining, why don't you go on the road this summer and teach a top 12 corps, like I just got off the road doing....unless what you learned in the good ole' days doesn't apply anymore.

I see people complaining all over the board about the state of drum corps....how about DOING SOMETHING ABOUT IT instead of being a keyboard quarterback?

sorry...rant off.

THANK YOU!!!!!!